Ear plugs

Old biker how do you wear contacts and ride you bike i tried once and my eyeballs dried up and the contacts stuck to my eyeballs the wrong way i was stuck on the side of a pitch black road trying to dig those f ing things out of my eyes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I wear Acuvue Moist, daily disposable contact lenses, and never had a problem.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Mmmm ill have to try em after my experence i never tried em again it was nice buying cheap sunglasses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

ACUVUE OASYS for me but I can't see the gauges or read without reading glasses/magnifier.

I still can't get my helmet on without knocking the plugs out of my ears.

ACUVUE OASYS for me but I can't see the gauges or read without reading glasses/magnifier.

I still can't get my helmet on without knocking the plugs out of my ears.

You're either not putting the plugs in properly, they're too long/ear canal is too short or there's some gremlins inside your helmet

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghNFKsxJuvY]How to properly fit Earplugs - YouTube[/ame]

You're either not putting the plugs in properly, they're too long/ear canal is too short or there's some gremlins inside your helmet

How to properly fit Earplugs - YouTube

I would say all of the above. Plus add large floppy ears (in ElEd they called me Dumbo because I could flap my ears). Yes, the ear canals are very narrow, I can only use the small ear bud piece.

However, the good news is that the wind noise isn't very loud in my helmet and I can hear all the music on my phone except for the very quiet classical music pieces and arias without cranking up the volume.

:stunta]:

That tutorial is a good reminder but I would need to cut those in half to get them in.

Last edited:
http://www.earfuze.com/

I use these, they block sound pretty well and I get music, its win win. They are comfortable and dont snag on the helmet and they dont fall out like ear buds during lane switch checks

Biggest downside is the molding which takes a little time, it isn't bad but it does help to have an extra set of hands.

OK, I'm sold. I stopped at Walgreens and bought a pack of Heros. Tried them out and it does help a lot to keep the wind noise down, doesn't make it like a living room but brings the decibel level down some. The best part is that you can still hear music from the helmet speakers.

I guess I was spoiled by my old bike with its huge fairing compared to the FZ even with the GIVI touring screen. Add to that my first modular helmet and voila, wind noise.

I have a pair of Apple noise cancelling ear phones for my iPhone. I put those bad boys in and turn on my jams, often at only half volume and I can hear perfectly. It seems to allow enough air in/out of the ear canal to help with any potential equilibrium issues (the pressure on the ear drum is not being negatively affected). The only issue I've run into is sometimes if my helmet shifts on me then the plug/phone will get lose and I have got a whistling sound, had to pull over and fix it, but was fine after that.

Back