Dynojet o2 sensor eilminator

# two

I found this o2 sensor eliminator over the weekend in the box my power commander came in with this one sided one page non bike specific directions. The bike was already apart so I installed it. Has anybody else not installed this right away? does it make a difference? It'll be a few months before I can check it out for myself so I figured I'd ask.

It doesnt really do anything. When I installed my pc3 last year DJ did not supply it with the unit. After talking to DJ I was told that if I started to get engine codes I could purchase one from the but otherwise just tape up the plug to prevent dirt and moisture from collecting in it.

Well my PC V came with it so I installed it, but as Johnny said it's not required. Seems that our bikes don't really throw an engine fault light if you disconnect the O2 sensor, which I find very weird...

Since you have it might as well leave it on. Hey at least it will keep that connector clean and free of dirt :D

The idea behind the O2 eliminator is to keep the stock O2 sensor from sending data to the ECU that may butt heads with what your power commander is doing with your fuel mixture, i.e your power commander is making the A/F richer and your O2 sensor sends a message to your ECU to lean the mixture because it "thinks" the mixture is too rich or, vice sersa. The stock ECU has it's own data for controlling the mixture via the time the injectors are open, and the power commander can modify that data by either lengthening or shortening the duration. If the power commander's program wants to lengthen the duration (to add more fuel and therefore make the mixture richer) but the O2 sensor sees the richer mixture and tells the ECU it's too rich, it may try to lean the mixture to get it back to where it thinks it should be. If you were to pull the O2 sensor without an eliminator, it would flag an error code. If left intact, you'd probably never see a problem but you'd also never know if the ECU was tryig to overrun what the Power Comander is doing. I hope this sheds a bit of light on the subject.

Disconnecting the O2 won't send a code. Like I stated you can simple disconnect it and tape up the plug. That's why DJ stopped including the eliminator plug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had mine disconnected for a year with out the "eliminator". I contacted DJ because it was not included with my PC. They said that it was not necessary for the FZ. I've never had a code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about error code 24 which I did have on mine when I took out the O2 sensor with out an eliminator?

I have had mine disconnected for a year with out the "eliminator". I contacted DJ because it was not included with my PC. They said that it was not necessary for the FZ. I've never had a code.

Logic would dictate that if you disconnected the O2 sensor then a fault code should trigger. How else would the ECU know if the sensor was working properly or not.

That being said I have hear of plenty of people (including Johnny) running their bikes w/o the O2 eliminator and no fault code. Maybe it has something to do with the year of the bike??? :confused0024:

The idea behind the O2 eliminator is to keep the stock O2 sensor from sending data to the ECU that may butt heads with what your power commander is doing with your fuel mixture, i.e your power commander is making the A/F richer and your O2 sensor sends a message to your ECU to lean the mixture because it "thinks" the mixture is too rich or, vice sersa. The stock ECU has it's own data for controlling the mixture via the time the injectors are open, and the power commander can modify that data by either lengthening or shortening the duration. If the power commander's program wants to lengthen the duration (to add more fuel and therefore make the mixture richer) but the O2 sensor sees the richer mixture and tells the ECU it's too rich, it may try to lean the mixture to get it back to where it thinks it should be. If you were to pull the O2 sensor without an eliminator, it would flag an error code. If left intact, you'd probably never see a problem but you'd also never know if the ECU was tryig to overrun what the Power Comander is doing. I hope this sheds a bit of light on the subject.
Thanks. I wonder if my pc has been doing anything at all, I didn't disconnect the o2 sensor at the time of install.

Thanks. I wonder if my pc has been doing anything at all, I didn't disconnect the o2 sensor at the time of install.

If you didn't disconnect it then the PC is not doing anything to the fuel curve below 40% throttle. Above that the ECU ignores the O2 and reads the fuel from the stored tables so then your PC will be adding or subtracting fuel.

Back