Dunlop Q3 Tire Review

"The eye-opening moment for me was testing the Q3 back-to-back with its now discontinued predecessor, the Q2, all on board the ZX-6R. In virtually all aspects of performance, the Q3 is simply better, which is saying a lot considering how good the Q2 is."

Sign me up!

They're for sale on Revzilla in certain sizes already. I think

Negatory. I called. Motorcycle superstore has the rear but fronts are like 2 weeks out. I however won't be buying from them. The wife ordered 2 different litems and one was listed as in stock but wasn't. The other was backordered for months. We went thru the dealer we bought the bikes from ( got 20% off) and had both within a week.

I was going to get another set of Q2's also but nobody(in town) had a 190/55/17 which I run now on the back. So it was kind of a made choice for me if I wanted to stick with the same type of tire.

So far so good they passed the hwy 36 test..I can tell they are a little stiffer you can feel the bumps and every little rock better. They go exactly where you want them to be, and can change lines in a corner no problem..(plenty of blown tire casings and brush on the road today wtf)..lol somebody must have known I was testing. They lean into the corners better. It is quicker I could tell that right away. I had a Qualifier on the front an a Q2 on the rear.

Last edited:
Hit the curves pretty good this last weekend Q3 are a very solid tire scrapped the pegs in a tight right hander didn't even figet. I don't like scraping the pegs maybe my body position was off? Riding with a few of my track days friends.. following a GSXR 1000 with race tires and a Z1000..lol FZ1 hung no problem..

Just got hold of a pair of Q3 tires from 4wheelonline, so far so good... Here are some info that I snatched from the site, I guess this tire is the only model that uses carbon fiber technology?

Meet the all-new Dunlop Sportmax Q3, the next-generation sport tire featuring Dunlop’s new Carbon Fiber Technology (CFT).

-Dunlop’s Carbon Fiber Technology (CFT) uses carbon fiber reinforcement in the tire sidewalls for exceptional cornering performance and feel.

-Aggressive new Q3 tread pattern uses fewer grooves that are longer in length to enhance wet-weather performance.

-Intuitive Response Profile™ (IRP) technology in the rear tire allows greater latitude in line choice while cornering, plus amazingly linear steering.

-MT Multi-Tread™ technology in the rear tire uses a tough, long-wearing compound in the center of the tread for excellent traction and longer tread life, plus special lateral grip compounds for outstanding grip.

-New Q3 tire compounds were derived from road-race compounds to yield maximum sportbike performance.

-The Dunlop Sportmax Q3 offers superb grip, stability, steering feel and longevity on the street and on the track.

-Designed, tested and manufactured in America, the Sportmax Q3 sets new standards for high-performance sport tires.

They seem to last a little longer. I am at 2500 on the rear Q3 and just hit the wear bar..lol crap. I do like these tires you can lean them far enough to grind all kinds of stuff..

Back