Dualsprort ride with my son

Both Joe and I had a day off today so we jumped on the dualsports and headed up to Duncan Peak Fire Lookout. It's located in the Sierra Nevada mountains west of Lake Tahoe, Ca.
Ranger John was happy to let us come up for a visit. I usually ride up once a year and Joe hadn't been up here since he was a little guy.Not many lookouts being maned anymore so it's always fun to visit.

Duncanpeak2010003.jpg

Duncanpeak2010002.jpg

Other than being taller, thinner, black hair and having less forehead the kid looks just like me,eh?:D
Duncanpeak2010009.jpg

That xt350 gets 70 mpg, the KLR is a good mule.
Duncanpeak2010001.jpg

Duncanpeak2010007.jpg

Here's our lunch stop, much more majestic in person. As Joe gets older and has his own life these times become even more special, he's a good son.
Duncanpeak2010021.jpg

Duncanpeak2010016.jpg

My wife packed our lunch. I got a real kick out of her humor- very smart woman!
Duncanpeak2010017.jpg

If a tree falls in the woods- well I'd bet you'd hear this bad boy. Knobbies and dirt with my son-as good as it gets. Doug
Duncanpeak2010026.jpg

It's awesome that you two can share experiences like this. :tup:

I was looking at your pics when my daughter walked by and she stopped and said "He's cute!" to a shot of Joe.

So, now we call you Stud, eh? ;)

Looks like a great time. I recognize that fire look out, I saw it on T.V. once I think. It's supposed to be a very windy spot. The wife's sandwhich packing was good! I always enjoy getting out on my KLR, like you said, it's a good mule.:)

Back