Dual PIAA horn installation

Rex D.

I originally posted my horn installation in the General catagory but realized my fender would probably hit the horns on a hard stop so I decided to bite the bullet and tear it all out and re-do the whole thing and post it correctly in the
FZ-1 mod. catagory. The photos show pretty well how the second version turned out. I used aftermarket turn signals with the stud/nut method of attach and used that to bolt the modified horn brackets in place. I have a little more than 1/2" of clearance between the forks and horns. These horns pull some amps so I am running a relay and a 15 amp fuse.

Here in Northern Ca. the deer are like free range cattle. I think some kind of heavy cage surrounding the bike would do nicely. As far as bears.........how 'bout a side arm .357?

That is a very cool way to mount these. Well done!! That will work for the aftermarket signals... and if we got the adapter plates for the stock signals and removed the rubber boot, that would work too. It will not work with the Copperdog signal pods though. :( But, the vast majority of folks can EASILY make this happen.

Well done, great pics!! Thanks! :tup:

Back