Don't buy Chinese Junk!

For those of you who want to save a few bucks by buying the knock off stuff from China...don't waste your money.

Below are two photos of the steering damper and mounting bracket that I bought for "cheap" off of Ebay. Well now it is truly Chinese Junk. This is after all of about 100 miles of riding.

View attachment 13115

View attachment 13114

Fast from the Past, here I come.

Good reminder. I am always amazed at people that buy the Chinese stuff just because it is cheap; there is often no engineering behind it and the materials are often sketchy.

Unfortunately some time you have no option. Some of the "Name" brand stuff is still Chinese junk. Also some of the things you think will be junk are really good quality. IE my sister bought a quality "German" front loader washing machine that has crapped out after 12 months. They think it was made in Germany, I would bet its not! Still waiting for a replacement after about 2 months.

What isn't made in China now a days? Even more mainstream stuff like bikemaster for example is made in china/Taiwan/ or where ever. Its merely the quality of the parts used selected by the buyer. It can be stupid cheap to decent.

Ive had crap literally like fall apart in my hands brand new that was made in china, then again I had blinkers I bought from china that lasted years and were still working great when I sold the bike.

What isn't made in China now a days? Even more mainstream stuff like bikemaster for example is made in china/Taiwan/ or where ever. Its merely the quality of the parts used selected by the buyer. It can be stupid cheap to decent.

Ive had crap literally like fall apart in my hands brand new that was made in china, then again I had blinkers I bought from china that lasted years and were still working great when I sold the bike.

Exactly right. It's hit and miss with chinese stuff. The problem is, and I know this by fact, some comapnies when producing products in China, have someone sent there to monitor production runs in order to insure quality of the item. They also only use certain factoriesto produce their items. It usually ends up costing them a little more but you don't get items being produced with sub-par materials.

There was a guy I met who sold scooters and produced speed parts based on the GY6 Honda Motor. He had an engineer who was employed by him who would fly to China, inspect the production run in it's entirety, and once the items were crated he'd come back home. Needless to say his products were top notch. His parts usually costed about 10% more than his competitors yet everyone bought from him.

sub-components are almost all being made in China now... can't be helped, or you will go out of business...

for example, we have a cast aluminum part with second ops made in China... we have to do re-work to 30-50% of them, but it is still cheaper in the end... the up front price we pay is 8-10X cheaper... I couldn't believe it... we pay $30-50 for each, cheapest quote any local shops would give were $400-600.... it's that bad...

of course, we are low volume, less than 100/month, but that's prob. about the same on aftermarket mc parts, I doubt they are making thousands/month of these parts.

In the end, it's up to the final manufacturer to make sure the parts they deliver work, no matter who makes the pieces.

That's true Dustin. After all Apple products are made in China.

Much of the problem is reverse engineered items that are knock offs. There's no QA and they sell it. Customer service is non existent too.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

Back