Does anyone have rearsets ? Im sick of pegs draggin !!!

B

Buildercher

Has anyone got rearsets ? Do you rate them ?, I am sick of my pegs dragging , Has anyone tried different pegs? for little more clearance R1 pegs. I dont want to spend $300 on rearsets if there is a different peg that fits.

I wish I could have gotten rearsets for $300 ... my Gilles Rearsets were almost $600 .... but... you really can't beat the ball bearing motion in the brake and shifter... totally worth it just for that if you ask me..

I have the rizomas and never hit them, but I do hang off and go kinda on the slow side. My pegs are the non folding metal ones with the flat tops.

I take it you already have the feelers off your stock pegs?

Perhaps it's time to get off the seat a bit more? :D

There's plenty of race-pegs out there for sale that fit with some good taper.

Has anyone got rearsets ? Do you rate them ?, I am sick of my pegs dragging , Has anyone tried different pegs? for little more clearance R1 pegs. I dont want to spend $300 on rearsets if there is a different peg that fits.

Don't know if you have a Gen II or not, but if you do these seem affordable:

Yamaha Fazer FZ1 FZ1N 1000 06-09 Adjustable Rearsets : eBay Motors (item 380196844284 end time Jan-19-10 11:06:11 PST)

Even cheaper would be something like this:

Yamaha YZF 600R R1 R6 FZR 600 FZ1 Black Front Foot Pegs : eBay Motors (item 180450940607 end time Jan-29-10 14:41:41 PST)

Mate the feelers went off first week of owning the bike, I move around like a monkey on the bike I used to race dirt trackers. The thing is if there was some aftermarket pegs that were not so bulky and clumbsy I the standard pegs I would buy them, The pegs on the R1 seem perfect and I like the riding position on the fz1 comfy and sporty. I am getting Penske 8987 triple clicker and Ak-20 kit so will let you know how that works out. Cheers

I do have these on my FZ1 that I got on ebay. I broke my left side rearset and it was cheaper to get aftermarket than buy oem. Besides, I wanted something "better".

It did take a little while to get all right parts from them and I almost reported them to PayPal, but they finaly did send everything I needed to make them work. So far I dont have any problems with them and my boot has not sliped of even once. Didnt scrape them yet - should know more after a track day.

Here is my bike with Ottimoto rearsets
10120_104187342928445_100000115405534_120862_5778902_n.jpg

Thanks for theat did you get the off Ebay? , How much ? I have decided to ditch the AK-20 and Penske and have ordered Ohlins YA906 and Racetec rebound kit and Ohlins springs from Hard Racing . It works out cheaper and after thinking about it you cant get better than Ohlins. Will keep you posted. Cheers

Back