Does anyone else find it hard not to be an ahole?

Blanchy, don't you have a nice bullbar on that semi? I believe bullbars and the rear end of cars driven by morons were designed for each other! Must have reversed into you at the lights....

No bullbar but I get really sick of going backwards in traffic trying to keep a safe braking distance only to have another moron cut in! At least I've got my camera recording if the worst happens.

this is where my obnoxiously loud pipe comes in handy everyone knows when im around but even then you get the a holes who cut you off and slam the brakes ive even had people look at me and change lanes even though im next to them i guess they have the right of way?? lol

Strangely I find I get far more courtesy when on my bike than either driving my car or truck but it only takes one idiot so I treat everyone as a threat until demonstrated otherwise.

Well I'm sure I could relax a bit but its hard to with nothing but idiots at every turn. Ive ridden bikes and driven in several parts of the world. Only place that had worse drivers was Kuwait. I'm sure it doesnt help that where I live is with in the top ten retirement places in the US and among the top 25 places to vacation also. We have people who come from all over the US just to drive one of our local roads here cuz its soooo pretty! It also doesnt help I have to drive the busiest road in town everyday. We dont have freeway around town so everyone goes right through it. Its not uncommon to have people driving side by side at 35 in a 55. Its like a haven for idiots here!
In fact thinkin about it. I didnt have near as much trouble a few years ago when I lived outside of town.

Attitude is everything.:shaking head:

I had a good laugh last week while commuting.

I was lane sharing in typical morning traffic and caught up to 2 guys on big HD's, those guys usually have to go pretty slow while lane sharing since they ride such big heavy lumbering bikes.

So we are cruising along when we approach a mini-van to the far right of the number one lane leaving no space for us to pass between them and the big box truck in the number 2 lane.

First harley rider honks 2 quick polite beeps.

No reaction.

Second harley rider revs up his super loud pipes.

No reaction.

Finally the traffic adjusts so we can squeeze by, the Mini-van still does not move over for us.

The second Harley guy grabs the side mirror and pushes it full forward as he passes.

Personally I don't think it is a good idea to touch another car, but I found myself laughing pretty good at the impatience of the HD rider in front of me.

I had a good laugh last week while commuting.

I was lane sharing in typical morning traffic and caught up to 2 guys on big HD's, those guys usually have to go pretty slow while lane sharing since they ride such big heavy lumbering bikes.

So we are cruising along when we approach a mini-van to the far right of the number one lane leaving no space for us to pass between them and the big box truck in the number 2 lane.

First harley rider honks 2 quick polite beeps.

No reaction.

Second harley rider revs up his super loud pipes.

No reaction.

Finally the traffic adjusts so we can squeeze by, the Mini-van still does not move over for us.

The second Harley guy grabs the side mirror and pushes it full forward as he passes.

Personally I don't think it is a good idea to touch another car, but I found myself laughing pretty good at the impatience of the HD rider in front of me.

Behavior like this hurts all of us who ride. I lane split and get aggravated about this kind of thing also but it's wrong to demand that cars give you enough space to pass between. The HD guy qualifies as an image maker..thanks.:tdown:

it's wrong to demand that cars give you enough space to pass between.

Actually the California Drivers handbook states the cars need to be aware of motorcycles sharing the lane with them. I am not sure if they could get cited for something like that, but it sorta is a right of way issue.

Again I am not condoning the action that guy took against the min-van driver. I would of just honked at the person.

Back