Do you think an R6 tail would fit FZ1?

KNEEDOWN69

I have seen pics of a R6 tail grafted this on a FZ8 & FZ1 but there is little info of what is involved. I am thinking new subframe but im unsure how much modifying is involved. I have never really liked the ass end of the FZ1 $ R6 tails can be had cheap even colour matched?. Does anyone have any ideas or info?

I have seen pics of a R6 tail grafted this on a FZ8 & FZ1 but there is little info of what is involved. I am thinking new subframe but im unsure how much modifying is involved. I have never really liked the ass end of the FZ1 $ R6 tails can be had cheap even colour matched?. Does anyone have any ideas or info?

I don't have any info on how it can be done, but I'm thinking that the easiest way would be to graft the R6 subframe onto the FZ1 frame. I'm sure a good welder could make it happen. The main thing to consider would be the angle at which the subframe sits so that the tail doesn't end up too high or too low.

IMG_4328.jpg

big46070784.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
I am pretty sure its your old tail when I got it. It was red. I always wanted a dehandled tail so I gona hang on to this for awile. I love the way it looks with the CD cowl.

I was thinking it was odd he is running the stock shock and forks.

I do like the look of the bike with the R6 tail, very nice.

No disrespect to this bikes owner but i feel this bike was modified more for show than performance:cowboy:, the stock forks are more than capable for everday riding. You never know he may have a cartridge kit?.

No disrespect to this bikes owner but i feel this bike was modified more for show than performance:cowboy:, the stock forks are more than capable for everday riding. You never know he may have a cartridge kit?.

I agree its for Saturday night, but that's all right. :D

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

So we have seen several different R6 tails attached to FZ1's. That means it's possible.....but how much fabrication is required? Because technically - anything can be made. It just depends how much time and money you want to put into it.
Just a quick search and I found this video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kc13VhBtWw]The build of my CBR 600 F3 Streetfighter with R6 Tail and custom stumpy exhaust. - YouTube[/ame]

A guy puts an R6 rear end on his CBR and even that looks sharp!! LOL This is not a how to but at the 35 second mark - he takes some still pics of the fabrication process. You can get a rough idea of how he attached the R6 tail to his CBR. This could give you some basic idea of what it would take to do something like this to your FZ1.

Last edited:
Back