Do you Prefer to Turn...

Do you prefer to turn opposite of your hand dominance?

• Yes, I'm righty and like going left or lefty and like right turns

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • No, I'm righty and like rights or lefty and like lefts

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Left or right, completely the same to me

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • I don't turn; I stop, get off, push the bike in the new direction

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
opposite of your handedness. In other words: If you are left handed do you prefer to go right and right handed prefer to go left?

I'm right handed and find making left hand turns more comfortable. So the answer for me would be yes, I like turning opposite of my hand dominance.

I'm right handed... and I KILL right turns... on an average stretch of road, if I have someone following me at about the same skill level, they can normally stick with me on left turns, but on right turns, I get way out in front.... I lean off of the bike more on the lefts, but on the rights, I get much more lean angle out of the bike.

this give me till after this weekend -- I'll be able to give a more definitive opinion....

but if I had to go here and now -- lefty that likes righties...

I'm a righty and usually like left turns, alot depends on the turn itself.

I hadn't really thought about it before but my local track is mainly lefts and I do great in it. When I was at Willow Springs is was mainly rights and I struggled a bit.

On the street, I don't like left handers because of the risk of oncoming traffic hugging too close to my lane. But I don't hold back on the right handers. It would be fun to go to a track and ride without the worries of a 4 ton SUV with gigantic mirrors running wide and turning me into a hood ornament.

I have done my most agressive cornering on race tracks. All of them are going clockwise and have more right turns than left. That may be one reason I prefer right turns (and I am right handed).

There we go again! Discriminating against us "Lefties". Where is the poll question: I'm lefthanded and are better turning left than right?

I am lefthanded and have always preferred to turn left than right. I feel more comfortable in leaning the bike over hard in left handers. I still feel skitish in right handers but have been working on that every run at the mountain. I have about an 1/8" strip left on the left side and a 1/4" on the right.

Now don't get mad but I finally had an opportunity to use my \\"moderator\\" feature on the polling.

I just felt left out with no lefty options.

:confused0024:

678d1250201040-do-you-prefer-turn-capture.jpg

This poll is killing me, mainly because there is no option for me. I just like to turn! I especially like it when I turn the same direction as the road/track. That's when I am at my best. :) If I had my way, every day I would get to work and never go straight, just zig zag the whole way. YEP, I definetily prefer turns, both directions. Straights are just a neccessary nuisance.

Please add to the poll: I just like to turn!

Thanks

you have not seen his avatar in the "other" forum have ya.....:lol:

I think instead of being in Construction Management, you should be an English school teacher. (you should see some of the things that cross my desk.....)

Last edited:
Back