Do Not Ride in Russia

I just came across this video and thought it was worth a post for someone who wants to waste an hour of their life and see a number of ways to put a bike down

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0I-0iZMhVk]non-stop motorbikes crashes horrible accidents, endless over hour compilation non stop - YouTube[/ame]

16axt8h.gif

Vid removed. (not that I'm sorry I didn't get to watch any of it).

I was in Russia less than a year ago and holy crap are the roads scary!! People don't give a crap about anything or anyone when they're driving and everyone knows money buys your way out of any moving violation.

Having said that.. I met a Russian dude who rides FZ1 in that chaos .. hope he's still alive

fz1r.jpg

Most third world countries are dangerous places to drive. When I worked in Thailand my company would not let us drive, we had to use local drivers to shuttle us around and back and forth to work. We always saw carnage on the road....families on 100cc mopeds wiped out, or cars smashed together.

And Saudi Arabia was even worse.

Most third world countries are dangerous places to drive. When I worked in Thailand my company would not let us drive, we had to use local drivers to shuttle us around and back and forth to work. We always saw carnage on the road....families on 100cc mopeds wiped out, or cars smashed together.

And Saudi Arabia was even worse.

I once saw 5 people on a singe commuter in Islamabad,
a friend if mine even counted 7 on 1 bike in India, couldn't find the picture though...

hyolda.jpg

nk321.jpg

Things can get pretty dicey real fast in any third world country. My parents used to own a condo in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico from about the time I was 9 until I was 19. Even when I was 15 it had become quite Americanized in the city and I could take a taxi somewhere in the city on my own. As I got older, one year when we drive our new vehicle down there to use around town etc. we trailered a KTM 450SX down with us. It was road legalized in the states all of which was more than enough to drive it in Mexico and I used that to get around town. The way some people went about dealing with the wrecks I saw down there and just their overall driving amazed me..

Back