Do I need to Dyno tune

I just put a yoshi slipon on my 08 fz1, can anyone tell me do I need to Dyno tune it or will it run fine without it. Any help with this matter greatly appreciated, regards.

I have a 2008 Gen 2 just like you and put on a slip on (MIVV GP) as well as a K&N air filter, without dyno tuning or a Power Commander. The stock ECU seems to be able to handle these simple alterations without any ill effects. The bike would most likely benifit from a proper tune any time changes are made, but it is not critcal with what you did. Mine has many miles on it and runs just fine with the slip on. I removed the cables to the servo motor but left the servo in place and plugged in to prevent error codes.

As Oldschool replied your good with the stock tune. You are fine until you run a full system exhaust and cut down the flies. Amevl pulled 141+ hp with out a power commander and had a near perfect A/F. He is running a Mivv slip on and Ahhh Hmmmm errr I forget what else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers

Thanks all you have given me all I need. I took the honeycomb insert out of the stock exhaust and it seems a little meaner or it could just be my imagination..What an effort that was but well worth it.:yes:

Thanks all you have given me all I need. I took the honeycomb insert out of the stock exhaust and it seems a little meaner or it could just be my imagination..What an effort that was but well worth it.:yes:

It's not you're immagination, when you take out the insert the exhaust is more louder, but with time you will get use to it......I had to put the insert back in mine because It attracted cops more than the honey attracts bees.... :laugh2:

However enjoy the new sound while riding, you'll never get enough of it!!!

Back