Disc / rotor bolts

My dumb, I said caliper but meant rotor bolts....

You provided just what I needed, there's a 7 pc Craftsman set that includes a T40 and I'll be ordering it today.

Thanks for the help!

I hope I don't run into any trouble - plans require taking the rotors off more than once.

A simple tool everyone needs in thier tool box. At $19.99 from Sears, A manual Impact driver (LINK) is a handy, simple, inexpensive necessity (My opinion)

Just load up the correct bit, begin to twist it counterclockwise, then tap it firmly with a hammer. Works better then an air impact in some cases.

800px-ImpactDriverWithBits.png

Last edited:
+1

Back when I was wrenching, you couldn't work without one of those! The drivers then were all made by Vessel.

The one I have is old - all I kept of my special tools was this impact driver, my TDC set, buzz box and the case splitter for the bike I had at that time (Yamaha 360 RT2).

Another good solution is to Heat the screws for a few seconds with a burner
like the pics ..... I had many times I get these screws I did this way and never had a problem ........ :tup:

My dumb, I said caliper but meant rotor bolts....

You provided just what I needed, there's a 7 pc Craftsman set that includes a T40 and I'll be ordering it today.

Thanks for the help!

I hope I don't run into any trouble - plans require taking the rotors off more than once.
Its the locktite that makes them difficult.

+1

Back when I was wrenching, you couldn't work without one of those! The drivers then were all made by Vessel.

The one I have is old - all I kept of my special tools was this impact driver, my TDC set, buzz box and the case splitter for the bike I had at that time (Yamaha 360 RT2).
RT2 360. Hows your right leg? I have vivid memories of the beast my father had kicking me back so painfully and often! If it didn't whack the back of my leg it threw me over the handlebars. I only weighed about 40kg then.

RT2 360. Hows your right leg? I have vivid memories of the beast my father had kicking me back so painfully and often! If it didn't whack the back of my leg it threw me over the handlebars. I only weighed about 40kg then.

I never had any prob with it even with a high compression head and at this point I weighed ~135lbs - was a scrawny graduate student. You had to kick the dickens out of it and always kick it all the way through! The guy I sold it to never could master that - I replaced the internal kick start gear for him twice before I moved away to start work after I graduated. He later sold it for just that reason.

My RT2 was one of the best bikes I've ever owned, it was the only transportation I had for about 2 years, it was reliable as a rock, never failed me in any way. I had a blast with my RT2.

I had a hard time finding it too - open the ad listed first, go all the way to the bottom.

You'll see "See what other People ear Watching" - the pipes he mentioned are the 2nd item pictured from the left....

I had a hard time finding it too - open the ad listed first, go all the way to the bottom.

You'll see "See what other People ear Watching" - the pipes he mentioned are the 2nd item pictured from the left....

Now I see them. Nice pipes. They would look great on your RZ350 Duster!

My pipes cost $350 back in '96 when I replaced a set of Allspeed pipes I wasn't that happy with. My current set are SPEC II pipes which are not welded stampings. They have better ground clearance, are hydroformed, have no seams and use headers that are made from tubing.

I hope I don't come across as pissy, the Microns look nice, but I'll pass on stamped expansion chambers. Thanks though!

Excellent mate!!! Just what I needed. My bid is in :D

mine arrived today (very nice they are too ) added bonus i got three spare ! Just hope they fit now ! . . Good luck with your auction . Sure he will list again though as this is the third set so far

Last edited by a moderator:
mine arrived today (very nice they are too ) added bonus i got three spare ! Just hope they fit now ! . . Good luck with your auction . Sure he will list again though as this is the third set so far

I won the auction yesterday. Now I'll just wait for them to arrive. Glad to hear you got yours already. I'll be doing my rotors and tires as soon as those bolts get here :)

Back