Disc / rotor bolts

Hi all . Does any one know if the disc bolts for the r1 / r6 2003 onwards are the same as gen 11 fz1 . There is a good reason why i ask . Thanks

They are the same, and are made of the softest metal know to mankind. Every time I remove a rotor I end up bogering one up, and have to drill it out.

Magic !! Thanks . Mine are tatty and I have seen a stainless set for the r models for half the money of a set listed else where for the fz . Thanks again

Magic !! Thanks . Mine are tatty and I have seen a stainless set for the r models for half the money of a set listed else where for the fz . Thanks again

You want to include a link to these ss bolts. I will be replacing my rotors soon and have been thinking about replacing the rotor bolts at the same time because I can't imagine they'll look very good after I remove them the first time.

You want to include a link to these ss bolts. I will be replacing my rotors soon and have been thinking about replacing the rotor bolts at the same time because I can't imagine they'll look very good after I remove them the first time.

I have mailed him to see if he has any more sets and if he will & how much to ship over seas , soon as i get a response i will forward it

My rotor warped and mech replaced bolts, he told me that it wasn't worth it to try and reuse old ones risk/reward...

I have not come across the right bolts here. I'm sure they exist, but I've yet to find them.

Those are my thoughts exactly...I don't see why ss Allen ones wouldn't work.

I haven't looked online but I'm sure you could find them. The absolute key is to use an impact wrench. This won't hurt them at all upon removal. If you don't have an air operated wrench --- it's a good excuse to buy one. They aren't much at Harbor Freight.

Another tip to removal is to give the head of each bolt a good tap with a hammer before removal (not a sledge though) and or some moderate heat you don't want to alter the temper of the bolt if you're going to re use it. My bolts servived removal but my Torx socket was brand new now has about a 15 deg twist that happened with the first bolt.

Guess I'd just not noticed that these were Torx headed bolts until you mentioned it. I can't find a size listed either. I have a set of R1 discs to go along with the 6 pot calipers, so I need to get the right sized Torx since I'll be changing them.

Can you tell me what size these caliper bolts require so I can be sure the Torx set I buy has the size I will need? Thanks!

well no response as of yet ,, to my mail or order , makes you wonder :rant:

Well I hope you do get your bolts. I have found some, but cheapest was like $6 each for ss ones. For like a $1 more I've seen Ti ones on eBay. Was not looking to spend that much so I might have to try and salvage my stock ones if I can't find a reasonably priced ss replacement.

Guess I'd just not noticed that these were Torx headed bolts until you mentioned it. I can't find a size listed either. I have a set of R1 discs to go along with the 6 pot calipers, so I need to get the right sized Torx since I'll be changing them.

Can you tell me what size these caliper bolts require so I can be sure the Torx set I buy has the size I will need? Thanks!
The calipers are just hex bolts I think. The rotor bolts are T40 use 1/2" drive.

004-4.jpg

Back