Disc locks

RI_Grinch

I saw a video today about a Roadlok disc lock. Does anyone here have any experience with these? I looked on their website but of course the Fz1 Gen 1 isn't listed. What do you all use...if at all? The install on this is pretty easy and straight forward and if it saves me a few bux on insurance them I'm all for it!

i would check with your insurance company first to see if they would offer a discount and if it would be a big enough discount to justify it. What i have done for a lock is bought a cable lock, think mine is 4 or 5 foot long. I go through my back rim, the grad handles, the sleeve of my jacket, through my helmet, and have put it through the handle of my tail bag if i leave it on the bike. Plus i bought one from walmart that coils up so it's easy to store in the tail bag, never know when you might need it. You could go as far as locking your bike to a tree or light pole if you wanted to and all for 15 bucks.

If you use a Disc Lock make sure to use some sort of reminder so you don't forget to take it off...

I learned the hard way one time many years ago. Ended up on my ass at Sears Point in front of hundreds of people with a bent rotor and a broken front fender. Luckily when I fell over it was on soft grass...: oops:

300x300_1f39f2c4dc3886bb0a305827dde9d1a5.jpg

bike-it_disk-lock-reminder_detail1.jpg

Back