Did I just destroy my rear shock?

CBR6RRRider

Hey all,

So I was trying to adjust the rebound damping on my 2006 and I think I might have broken the shock. I used my screwdriver to turn it all the way to the right, but wasn't sure if it should stop or if I should keep going, so....I kept going. Well, long story short, the screw just spins and spins and spins now. This figures, me trying to make a minor adjustment totally jacking my shock up. :p

Sounds like a good reason to buy a new Penske to me.

Did you try going the opposite direction with the screw? The should be a "stop" at each end of the adjustment range.

I had one on order, but after a month of waiting I cancelled it. I figured I would save myself $500 on the R1 setup. Unfortunately, Satan isn't going to put in another adapter order for about three months.

I've spun it in both directions and it just clicks and spins. Should I notice it getting harder to do or should it have the same tension with each turn?

I had one on order, but after a month of waiting I cancelled it. I figured I would save myself $500 on the R1 setup. Unfortunately, Satan isn't going to put in another adapter order for about three months.

I've spun it in both directions and it just clicks and spins. Should I notice it getting harder to do or should it have the same tension with each turn?

When going counter clockwise it doesn't necessarily get "tight", but it Will "stop" when it gets to the end of it's travel. I'm not sure how many "total" clicks there are for the GenII shock though. At this point, you really can't mess it up anymore than it may be already. That sucks buddy. I bet you could probably pick up a stock unit for a very reasonable price though if your not ready to go for the Penske or other aftermarket unit.

I think the max clicks for my shock was 14, and I just did some more turning and was able to turn it 20 in one direction. I think it's kaput.

I really want to get the R1 shock and adapter, and I would hate to throw $50 at another stock shock, but it looks like that is what I am going to have to do. Thanks for the help all!

Back