Dear Lurkers

Nope thats me. I have more suzukis than yam's

Wait no! I have 3 of each. But 2 of the yams havnt run in decades. One of them is sacrificing its heart for another.

Are you on GS Resources as well? Had to give them up too much politics. If you have a pic of your kitty on the bike then sure post it up.
No, that genre of bike was before me. I was corrupted by gsxr's in 86, but my true passion is 2t's. I just have a list of bucket list bikes and slabbys and a 90 fzr1000 were the easiest to afford.

The kitties i have are the wrong ones for bike pics

What's a slabby?
I have seen you use that term before.
A freeway cruiser?
They are the first generation of gsxr's, 750's came out in japan (and everwhere else in 85) and in 86 both the 750 and 1100 were released here. I was lucky enough to find a literal barn find 1100 that was put away after a wreck with 15k on it. It was last registered in 91 and has the most dirtbike looking rear tire youve ever seen on a streetbike.

They are the first generation of gsxr's, 750's came out in japan (and everwhere else in 85) and in 86 both the 750 and 1100 were released here. I was lucky enough to find a literal barn find 1100 that was put away after a wreck with 15k on it. It was last registered in 91 and has the most dirtbike looking rear tire youve ever seen on a streetbike.
I drooled over those as a young man in the 80s. Never could hack the riding position, though.

Doesn't "Slabby" refer to the Slab sided fairing? A lot of cars like that now days
Exactly. Pretty much the whole side is flat.

Its a far comfier riding position than my rgv, but i am 6ft2.....Just trying to relive my youth. If i can make my way to a rg500 i'll be a happy man.

Exactly. Pretty much the whole side is flat.

Its a far comfier riding position than my rgv, but i am 6ft2.....Just trying to relive my youth. If i can make my way to a rg500 i'll be a happy man.
Never could stand the clipons under the triple riding position, even as a young guy. For racing perhaps, but I never did it.
I'm a skinny (well, I used to be) short limbed 6 footer.

Never could stand the clipons under the triple riding position, even as a young guy. For racing perhaps, but I never did it.
I'm a skinny (well, I used to be) short limbed 6 footer.
I hear that. My neck fusion doesnt like it as well. Esp the disc under it.

Back