De-cat

guyz1970

Guys i have a 2007 fz1n fitted with a vance & hines cs1 end can. .. my question is should i decat the front pipe? does it make a lot of difference to noise and performance?

Im not real sure about the power gain. The cat is very restrictive so I imagine it gives it a little. One difference I noticed after I drilled out my cat is that the bike ran at a cooler temp

Guys i have a 2007 fz1n fitted with a vance & hines cs1 end can. .. my question is should i decat the front pipe? does it make a lot of difference to noise and performance?

I suppose you'll gain a little power and noise, especially on the top-end. I think a better option is to get an aftermarket header such as the Arrow one. Helps fill in the mid-range nicely and your V&H can will bolt right up to it.

I suppose you'll gain a little power and noise, especially on the top-end. I think a better option is to get an aftermarket header such as the Arrow one. Helps fill in the mid-range nicely and your V&H can will bolt right up to it.

+1

I have the Arrow headers and they work well. They cost around $450.
I can always refit the stock header if the Authorities require it. You can't refit the cat once you've removed it.

Sent from my SG3

For me there wasn't really a noticeable difference, except that I get a lot of backfiring after rolling off the throttle at high rpm. Leave it alone or get a true performance header. Just my 0.02

Back