Daughter traveling to London - Ideas on Itinerary?

In May, my daughter is spending a couple of weeks in London as part of study abroad program in college. She'll be there for a couple of weeks, and while they have a pretty booked itinerary during the week, she has a couple of weekends (May 21/22 and 28/29) left open for her to independently explore things in or outside/near London (even areas outside of London... perhaps via high speed traing).

I'm hoping some of you that have traveled to London, or even better some that may live on that side of the pond, may have ideas or suggestions for her free time (theatres, museums, tours, places to see/visit, things to do, etc.).
  • Things they already have on the itinerary:
  • Victoria and Albert Museum
  • Notting Hill, Kensington
  • Shepherd's Bush
  • Britain & London Visitors Centre
  • Tower of London
  • British Museum
  • Hampton Court Palace
  • St. Paul's Cathedral
  • Tate Modern Museum
  • Banqueting House Royal Palace
  • London Eye
  • Buckingham Palace (Changing the Guard)
  • Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre
  • St. James Park
  • Kensington Palace & Gardens
  • Denbies Wine Estate Tour
  • Windsor Castle
Thanks so much for any ideas or suggestions.

I would massively suggest natural history museum too and maybe just hanging out in hyde park or just walking down embankment if its a nice day, If she has the money too I would suggest going to thorpe park, one of our great nations fine theme parks!
Hope this helps
Alex​

I wouldn't go woodhenge though, went there the other day as was in the area and had an hour to spare main road for stonehenge was closed due to roadworks and about a 40 minute de-tour to it so followed signs to woodhenge instead, the buggers had but concrete in to represent the rotten wood, was a bit naff, more resembled a grassy car park with a few bollards!

London Dungeons are good, Well worth getting out of London for a day or so Train will take you all way to South Coast (Hastings in hour and a half or to Royal Tunbridge Wells Pan tiles, Sevenoaks is nice traditional town.

Goods shows are The Lion King Lucium Theatre in London
or We Will Rock You (Based on the rock bank Queen) also at a London Theatre not sure which one but most are walking distance in London.
02 has constant shows on and is worth a look also.

Last edited:
In order to travel in LOndon, I can personally recommend to purchase local an Oyster card at one of the tube metro stations. This will save her a few £ and it's so easy to get in/out the tube, plus the tube system in London is quite efficient (if you ignore the breakdowns, the closure of lines, the busy hours and avoid the red central line during rush hour)

https://oyster.tfl.gov.uk/oyster/entry.do

Back