Daughter Deployed to Theater Today.

fazer1sniper

Kid went "wheels up" to Afganistan today with 3rd Special Forces. She's 19, a PFC E-3 with one year in. Prowd & scared but more the former. Talked to her alot last couple days, admin sh*t, when are we getting her car, bank account info, the old Yamaha got sta-bil in it and on trickle charge, cell phone suspention, blah blah blah...
I was all business with her on the phone, just said good buy like I allways do sive she joined up, "Love ya, Kiddo. Be safe"....
I hit one last post on her facebook page a little while ago...
"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great ...enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt
Me to her: Be safe, do the job, pay attention to the little things, action beats inaction... all I got kiddo. You got the ball. Good Hunting. Been on the other side of this more times than I care to remember. Little different this time. Every formerly broken bone in my body wants to take her place. But I have been there and done that. Probably why I'm taking it hard. Questioning myself if I gave her enough along the way. I can probably look at her and know the answer to that, but not at the moment.
DSCN0184.jpg

i am sure she will be good to go. i just hung out with my good friend who i have know since we were in 7th grade (cav scout. as a marine, i am still not exactly sure what that is haha). he just came home from afghanistan on red cross leave because his wife just had their second daughter. he was only there for a couple months, so he will be gone longer to finish out his tour then he already was gone for. he told me they were living in an old russian movie theater at an old russian officers resort type place. he leaves again on the 30th so hopefully we can go get a few beers sometime this weekend. he also brought me back one of those wool "pakol"s, one of those afghani hats. anyway, i wish the best of luck to your daughter, but i am sure she will be just fine, as i am sure you know buddy. just keep in contact with her.

Cav Scouts roll around in motor vehicles, dismount, sift the dirt, then get real quiet... and say : "Ya see that, a tank came though here."

Kind of a joke about them us scout snipers & special ops had about the cav guys.
I know the crazy stuff i did 91 to 05... with a 5 shot bolt gun, I hope the kid picked up a trait or two from the crew she grew up around. Same type operators she's deploying with. Tell your buddy god's speed, be safe, congrats on the little one and thanks for his service.

She's been trained, had some of the best advise and has a great reason to come back. I can't imagine the pride and fear you must have, but I understand the reason for both. Prayers and thoughts to her, you and all the loved ones.

Praying for her safe return to you. I'm proud of her for being so brave and fighting for our freedom. Let's plan her return party FZ1 style. :D

Tell her good luck and keep her head down. If I meet her over there in January all give her a high five when I put her on an aircraft to go home.

Good for her. I know for OPSEC you can't say where she's going, but does she know if she's on a FOB or a smaller COP?

Regardless she'll do a lot of learning and growing.

Keep us updated.

Sent from my MB508 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
She's been trained, had some of the best advise and has a great reason to come back. I can't imagine the pride and fear you must have, but I understand the reason for both. Prayers and thoughts to her, you and all the loved ones.

Same sentiments here. I can't say it any better than that.

I bet she is a great soldier.
You have reason to be proud. I also wanted to tell you that we hold a debt of gratitude to all the young men and women who make this sacrifice for our country and or freedoms.
Thank you.

I will hold you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm aweful certain it's all my fault, me at her age:
thaic.jpg

Lil shit is 5th generation Army, 2nd Gen Special Ops. Grew up around Paratroopers, Rangers, Snipers, Green Berets and later SWAT guys. Probably why she can drink like a fish and swears 'nuff to make a sailor blush. The character trait that I'm most prowd of is she understands WHY to fight, not just the how part...
yhst-50863389838911_2097_13582161.jpg

Back