Cycleoneoff.com mirror block offs

Octupi

Bought Cycle One-off FZ-1 in black for my bike. From their site they look fairly nice. In person on the bike, I won't mince words, P.O.S.
They appear to have been hand cut (and not well), the holes for the bolts were burred on both sides and not filed, and the fit was very poor.
For $65 dollars I expected a bit more...say CNC machined to precisely fit. Hell you can buy electronics cheaper than the $4 worth of material that he has in these pieces.
I know someone here used to make and sell his own custom block offs, but doesn't any longer. Therefore, I'm going to design up some and if they work well (which they will) I'll be offering them here for not much more than cost. Mine will be CNC milled to size and fit like a glove, or I won't sell them. I'll update this thread when I have something ready. Until then I'll use these crappy ones. :rant:

made my own !!! bit of plastic cut down and sanded, covered in carbon look vinyl, stuck on with velcro for washing. Job done, cost me next to nothing !!!
picture.php

picture.php

well, the pictures show the quality of the fitment on their website.....crap. The reveals are no where close to being symetrical.

Await the work in progress.....

I had sent them an email stating what crap the product was. Normally I wouldn't have done that, but figured he should know that they were crap and I wasn't happy he made $60 on his $5 product.

He replied back saying he's had help in the shop and the quality must have suffered and if I'd accept a new set that would be "mint".

I told him to send me his best product and I'd send back the crap. We'll see what I get (if I get it).

I still plan on making my own, already working on a template but only going to work on it on rainy days. :) I'll update when I get the new parts from them.

I had sent them an email stating what crap the product was. Normally I wouldn't have done that, but figured he should know that they were crap and I wasn't happy he made $60 on his $5 product.

He replied back saying he's had help in the shop and the quality must have suffered and if I'd accept a new set that would be "mint".

I told him to send me his best product and I'd send back the crap. We'll see what I get (if I get it).

I still plan on making my own, already working on a template but only going to work on it on rainy days. :) I'll update when I get the new parts from them.
just a tip for ya, i used the under side of the rubber sheath (the bit that covers up the bottom of the mirror when fitted) for my shape template. if u flip it upside down u can see the shape u need. i marked the bottom with a marker pen, then kinda used it as a stamp on some card which gave the template shape. Dunno if this helps bro ? if i sound like i'm talkin shit let me know and i'll do sum pics !! hehe all the best. Seth

I bought a set from Tom and they didn't fit either. It looked like they weren't centered correctly or the jig slipped. I talked with him and he looked at the other sets he had and they weren't cut right either.

Tom made a new set for me and I returned the others and they fit great.

On June 19th I reminded Tom that he was going to send me a new set. He replied that he had a set at the powder coaters and would get them out to me as soon as they were back.

Today (7/14) I replied back to him that he must have the slowest powder coaters known to man and that I'll stick by my original opinion.

Sad customer service.

On June 19th I reminded Tom that he was going to send me a new set. He replied that he had a set at the powder coaters and would get them out to me as soon as they were back.

Today (7/14) I replied back to him that he must have the slowest powder coaters known to man and that I'll stick by my original opinion.

Sad customer service.

Thats a shame, especially since in theses tough economic times when people really think twice about spending money on non-necessities, customer service can actually make or break you. I've just gone through some horrible customer service for some high performance wires for my car. What a horror story. While I know that it might have been out of their control, their customer service was non existent, period! I would never use nor recommend them to anyone. I don't buy that powder coater story either.

I recently installed bar end mirrors and removed my stock mirrors. The prices for block of plates were in my opinion ridiculous, so I went out to the local Fastenal and got four nice black allen head bolts to install in the holes. I think it looks just fine for now until I can save up enough for a Speedscreen without the cutouts.

Back