Cutting Out Problem...

Stuuk1

Hi All,

UK Member here and the weather is making way for the biking season!

However the biking season would not be complete if there weren't some pre-summer issues....

I have a fairly heavily modded FZ1S (2006) with a PC3, ignition module, FCE, air box mod, tied open flies just to name a few.

I have always suffered with Fault Code 19 emanating from the FCE. Having spoken with Ivan, he has said this is usually due to a loose connection, however i have checked these many times and do not think that is the reason, that aside, I have a newer, more irritating issue to contend with!

While riding, regardless of where the revs are at, the bike will suddenly 'blip' as if no fuel to the injectors at all, with a twist if the throttle and a jerk, it's back, then cut again. Naturally I slow down, and then the rev counter hits 0..

Start the bike again and idle is fine, blip the throttle, revs go up and then down to 0 (bike cuts out completely). This can be done a few times until fault code 19 appears... Then all is fine!

I went for another ride last weekend and all was great, came off a roundabout and felt a single small cut in fuel... But nothing for the rest of the 50mile ride.

Does anyone have any ideas? It has recently been serviced and I'm wondering if this could be a result of a kinked fuel line under the tank? I haven't checked but am going to order a braided line and do the mod anyway just to eliminate that aspect.

Thanks in advance for any info given.

Last edited:
I'd suggest ruling out the FCE completely by removing it and soldering all connections then heat-shrink them shut. If you wanted to, you could even install quick disconnects on the FCE wires and the harness so you can plug/unplug it easily.

When you get a 19, do you go into DIAG mode and clear all codes?

I'd suggest ruling out the FCE completely by removing it and soldering all connections then heat-shrink them shut. If you wanted to, you could even install quick disconnects on the FCE wires and the harness so you can plug/unplug it easily.

When you get a 19, do you go into DIAG mode and clear all codes?

Have the bike apart at the moment and will remove the FCE in a few days.

I have been in and cleared them before but it always returns and in some cases doesn't clear it at all.

Check your grounds, that could be the problem.

Are there specific bolts to the chassis you are referencing to? I don't know where they are but could find them with some pointers ;)

Will grease the terminals on the battery as a starting point. It's also an old battery so may change that completely instead ...

Code 19 will appear when the key is on.... bike in gear and sidestand down.
With the FCE... this is normal.

If you lift the stand, the light should go out... If not, then something is wrong.

You either have bad connections, or bad crimps or the FCE is bad.... most of the time it's the connections.

Check specifically the FCE connections near the ECU.

Ivan

Last edited:
Hi Ivan,

Have checked everything and it has got to be a bad FCE. Sadly the guy who put the FCE on cut the wires so close to the pugs etc so that will be fun to remove!

Going to remove the FCE and untie the flies while the tank is off. Once I save up some pennies (hopefully before next summer) I'll look to ship my ECU over to you for the re-map which I have seen so many good comments about.

As for the Fault Code 19, with the bike in neutral, side stand up, I get code 19 and the idle is very rough. Once engine is warmed up (a ride of a few miles) I can pull over turn engine off, restart and it will be gone.

Very strange, but never mind!

Thank you for taking time to reply to my thread, proves to us all, your dedication to help your customers.

Back