Cutting into a Kan-A-Tuna

fazer1sniper

Really not gonna be a true Streetfighter. No proformance mod's, frame mods, Just a simple, clean, nakid bike.
Here is where I started. It's a friend of a friend's wife bike. the guy gave it to her after getting a BlackBird 1100 and spent the last few years basshing up this Kat. Poorly maintained, ugly paint, dropped, bent and JB welded parts... list goes on.

02-18-113.jpg

02-18-116.jpg

He want's it ready for his wife to ride in a few weeks and I'm a retard so I tell him I can do something with it. This guy just beats up bikes but I got to meet his wife, I broke it down to her, told her about the streetfighter concempt and she was all in. She just wanted to keep it on the mild side and leave it a 2 up bike.
Here's where I went...
new head light & gauge mount.
04-25-116.jpg

old skool Honda FT500 tail glassed into chopped rear fairings.
04-25-1113.jpg

Chopped what was left of the side/ uppr fairing and got this far.
04-25-1114.jpg

My little streetfighter-nakid bike upper from chipped parts ans fiberglass.
DSCN0400.jpg

A quick 4 to one pipe mod.
DSCN0404.jpg

my condenced gauge cluster. out of ABS I will cut, heat and bend to fit the fairing.
DSCN0407.jpg

DSCN0398.jpg

Cleaned up and in paint. I got some small covers to build this weekend as well as a few simple things. I THINK it looks better...
05-10-112.jpg

05-10-119.jpg

05-10-116.jpg

05-10-1113.jpg

05-10-1111.jpg

05-10-117.jpg

Expect me to slow down a bit. i want my FZ and the wife interceptor on the road next week with all maitanence and new rubber paid for by this bike work. Wanna spend the riding seasson tearing up our bikes not working on other people's toys.

With the execption of the chain, sprockets and rear brake parts (that the owner did not get to me this weekend) my work is done. Side covers built, mirrors on,wired up & all back together. Done! Only been 4 weekends, but it felt longer.
05-16-118-1.jpg

05-16-1112.jpg

05-16-116.jpg

05-16-1117.jpg

05-16-1118.jpg

:wow: I'm really impressed. Personally, I've always hated the Katana line. I thought they were very ugly and weak. You've really made a decent looker out of her. :tup: Funny to think how much someone payed to get those blue/yellow flames put on it... to each their own, I guess! :ugh:

I hope you are now able to enjoy your FZ. I hope you daughter is enjoying her bike too.

the real shame is the guy is prolly gonna go out and trash it after all the work ya did.Looks better than stock always thought Katana's were hideous

True. I may get some frame sliders mounted on there if time permits. The guy is gonna be a week or two on the parts and the rest of the cash he owes me for this build. I wanna HOPE he rides his blackbird (another mess of a bike) and keepss with the plan that this belongs to the wife.

Back