Cutom mapped and pushin 150+bhp !!

SETH46

Just an update as i've been away for a while.
I took the liberty of sorting out a few things on the bike over the winter and had a custom map put on my PC3 at my local dyno house.
She's running sweet as a nut now pushin just over 150bhp at the back wheel.

Check out my chart below.

Now to have fun over summer !!!

seth46-albums-mods-picture1700-my-custom-map-final-power-run-pushing-just-over-150bhp-runs-lovely-smooth-now.bmp

Last edited:
Would you be willing to share your map?
I'd love to be able to compare with other maps I've used, and with the best one, I believe, I'm using now. I love the whole tuning thing, so I'm always interested to compare numbers.

my custom map

Anyone who wants my map just drop me an email and i'll forward it on to you. Obviously it is specific to MY bike and the way i have it set up, for other bikes it may help OR hinder but feel free to give it a whirl !!

Email me @ [email protected]

Seth

Would you be willing to share your map?
I'd love to be able to compare with other maps I've used, and with the best one, I believe, I'm using now. I love the whole tuning thing, so I'm always interested to compare numbers.

Consider that they run a higher octane fuel across the pond.

There is a reason race fuel is 100+ octane. Vrooom Vrooom

Sorry to burst your high octane bubble but higher octane will not deliver more horsepower. Higher octane helps prevent pre ignition or pinging (bad for your pistons). Many race cars are high compression motors that require the high octane.

Our US FZ1's and my FJR require 87 octane as recommended by Yamaha in the owners manual.

Really great dyno numbers for sure but I am always a bit dubious to a point of dyno numbers as they can vary from each dyno machine. The only real true results is if we all used the same machine.

My FZ1 was modded to breathe and custom tuned by the same guy who built the motor for the BUB Streamliner 7 a former world motorcycle speed record holder.

It dynoed 137 hp but he told me their dyno would turn in smaller numbers than some others he has used.

:banghead:
DJ,
Have you changed something about the FZ engine to require higher octane gas?? Things like compression ratio and ignition timing? Fuel mix can play into this somewhat as well. Otherwise you will not be making any more power with high octane gas. Engine is designed to run on US 87. . . .

Dyno numbers certainly do vary. I would guess the dyno that Mr Seth used is pretty much in the ballpark of many of the other dyno Charts posted here. The weather conditions of the dyno day can play a significant role in the recorded output. . . .

Mr Seth,
That curve looks pretty nice with good top numbers. However you could gain close to 10hp at 7k with a good full system and perhaps Ivan's FCE. Look at the curve for the "full Ivan" setup (does not include the latest improvements from the E map) Its making roughly 100hp at 7K.
PS E map is optimized for 89US octane but I believe that is mostly of a function of the Dynojet ignition module alterations to the timing curve.

Last edited:
my 150bhp was achieved using 95 octane !!

Hi SETH46, 95/96 octane here is called Super. I think that equals US 89 octane and our regular 91 equals US 87 octane. I wont run my Fazer on regular here in Auckland and like how how it goes on 98= US93.:rmwl:

Back