Custom Windscreen Help

Hi, This is my first post on here (I used to have an '07 FZ6 and was a member over on that forum but my bike was stolen this summer) so I'd like to start off by saying hi! I live in Portland, Oregon and own a new (to me) Cobalt Blue '07 FZ1 (Gen II).

Ok, now on to the important part...

I have seen lots of Sportech windscreens with graphics on them (see attached pic) on ebay and motorcycle-superstore for other bikes but they don't have any for the FZ1's. I have also seen a few FZ1 owners on here with custom windscreens but have no clue how they made them.

So.... my question is, does anyone have a diy for how to make custom windscreens or does anyone on here create custom ones for forum members?

Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks!
~Nelson 911

If I were to do something like that I would get it printed on a high quality base paper, stick it on to the screen and coat it with a good clearcoat to protect the design.

Or see if you can get a local printer to print out your design on a clear sticker base of some sort.

Welcome to the site, let us know what you end up doing!

Thanks!
Ok, so since I'm a total noob this will take some figuring out for me. Haha. You are referring to the outside of the windscreen right? Is this base paper something I can get at kinko's etc? Thanks again!

Thanks!
Ok, so since I'm a total noob this will take some figuring out for me. Haha. You are referring to the outside of the windscreen right? Is this base paper something I can get at kinko's etc? Thanks again!

Yeah, Check with Kinko's or another local printer shop and see what they recommend.

Carbon Wrap???

Okay,

So I had an idea to get some 3m carbon fiber wrap and cover the windscreen with it but am not sure how it would look. Any thoughts? I don't want it to come out looking like dog do do. I'm TERRIBLE at photoshop but this was as close as I could get without spending a week on it. The weave of the carbon fiber would obviously be much more fine and small...

What do you all think?

Back