*Crickets*

I was at work when I posted that. :-D

I did rattle the dealer today. Found out all the parts, minus the gas tank have came in.

Just waiting for the check from the insurance to come in so he can pick up the parks at the distributer. Should have it by Saturday, minus the tank.

Here is the dilemia. Do I take the bike before they fix the gas tank or leave it there until the gas tank comes in? I mean, who knows how long it will be backorder?

I was at work when I posted that. :-D

I did rattle the dealer today. Found out all the parts, minus the gas tank have came in.

Just waiting for the check from the insurance to come in so he can pick up the parks at the distributer. Should have it by Saturday, minus the tank.

Here is the dilemia. Do I take the bike before they fix the gas tank or leave it there until the gas tank comes in? I mean, who knows how long it will be backorder?

I would first try and find out what the lead time will be. If only a week or so, I would definitely leave the bike. Also, make sure that the only person to "test ride" the bike will be you and no one else.

Are u planning on riding with the damaged tank?

I'd let them complete repair, or I know of somone who could fix your tank like new from the other forum, FZ1OA if itnis going to be a long time.

Color matched and decals for under three bills (or close to)....an option if you are going to have to wait.

Cricket..... means that either people are out riding, or snowed in and don't want to discuss it! :D

I'm the latter of the two.... :wilynily: :rant:

I'd just make sure you wouldn't be placed on the back burner for the tank repair if you took it for a while without the tank. Sometimes if the dealer is busy and they can get you back on the road with other repairs still waiting to be done, you wait and wait because other riders are in the "no ride" zone.

Back