Creese1 EBay Fender Eliminator installed

schleppy

I scored a great deal on one of the Creese1 fender eliminator kits. The kit came with the plate light, FE bracket, and some LED blinkers (I didn't use them, yet).

Here is what his EBay listings look like:
2006 2007 FZ-1 FZ1 Fender Eliminator BLACK logo TSM: eBay Motors (item 330494476276 end time Nov-15-10 15:23:50 PST)

The FE itself is extremely well made, and looks quite nice. It doesn't come with enough hardware to install it really well, but a few washers will do the trick. Getting the stock blinkers to work was also a bit of pain, but again, washers will do it. The LED plate light it comes with is a really nice little piece, but it's not very bright, and the wiring is an absurdly small gauge. It's good enough.

Pic time:

IMG_3382.JPG

IMG_3384.JPG

IMG_3385.JPG

The "washer sandwich" I ended up with to make the stock blinkers mount well:
IMG_3387.JPG

Here you see the stock nut+bolt from the stock FE, a washer added, and a rubber gasket I took off the stock FE and sandwiched between the washer and the new FE. It worked really well.
IMG_3388.JPG

Even if I didn't get a deal for this setup, I would buy it again at full price. It's pretty nice.

aren't you affraid your blinkers get filled with dirt and eventually die?
since they're open and the rear tire throws a lot of crap around..
I filled the hole on my fz6 with something called kit in dutch, no idea what it translates to, heres a pic:

BISON%20UNIVERSEEL%20VOEGKIT.JPG

(not the actual stuff, mine was black and waterproof meant for cars and boats.

I'm a pretty fair weather rider, so I'm not too worried about it. I may fill them up with that goop over the winter though. Great suggestion!

Looks great Sean! Nice find. Well, you can always order those awesome OEM Yamaha LED signals that people have sported. They can be found on the UK dealer sites and aren't that expensive. They are sealed. Or, try the ones that came with your FE?

Looks like a simple enough design. Cool!!!

Looks great Sean! Nice find. Well, you can always order those awesome OEM Yamaha LED signals that people have sported. They can be found on the UK dealer sites and aren't that expensive. They are sealed. Or, try the ones that came with your FE?

Looks like a simple enough design. Cool!!!

Have any links to said turn signals? I can't find them via search.

Back