Creak??

NAPA121

Guys,

I have a 2010 FZ1-N and been on a high paced rideout today and noticed a problem on the calm down ride home.

When I either shift down a gear or when above 4000 rpm ,pull the clutch in so coasting and then let the clutch out again it makes a creaking sound before the revs catch themselves up.

I have not noticed this before so I think it's a new sound.

It does not make the creaking sound when braking whilst either coasting or at rev speed.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Check your frame for a crack at the big weld just under the tank. Mine broke there and I heard a few weird noises before noticing the crack.

OK...Just checked FZ1oa forum and followed their cracked frame thread.

It showed me what to look for and I am relieved to say that the frame seems ok.

Additionally, it seems to only be a small number of 06 & 07 models effected so my new 2010 model should be ok as they changed the weld.

Obviously I still have the creak issue to solve????????

Just phoned up a dealer and they said to bring it in and so I'll do that but he said it could be the powervalve?

Anyone any views or ideas?

You should be worried-not for your safety, but for your investment. Don't settle for anything less than a pristine running machine.
Note: I complained the powder coating was blotchy on my rear wheel-it wasn't that bad, but wasn't first rate. My dealer took a picture and Yamaha approved a new wheel at N/C.

Back