Cradar

I hate reposting stuff I see on the "other" forum... but... I think that this is important enough...

CRADAR

An Android app that senses when you fall on the bike, and sends a message to one of your contacts.

Cradar-Screen-2.jpg

CRADAR is a man-down application that runs on any Android phone.
CRADAR senses when you fall, waits 30-120 seconds (whatever you set it for), and if it doesn't see you move at least 8 feet, sends a text message to one of your contacts telling them you might be hurt. This gives your contact a chance to call you to see if you're ok.
In the text message is a link to Google Maps with your GPS coordinates.
If they don't get an answer, they know exactly where you are, and have the GPS coordinates so other people can find you too.

Cradar-Screen-1.jpg

CRADAR starts in the configuration screen.

1. Tap the contact line to change your emergency contact.
  2. Tap the message line to change the message. Note: There is a maximum limit of 48 characters due to the maximum text message size. The rest of the text message will be taken up with a link to Google Maps and your GPS coordinates.
  3. Tap the timer to change the number of seconds to wait before an emergency notification is sent.
  4. Once you have configured CRADAR, tap the Start Monitoring bar.
Cradar-Screen-3.jpg

You can leave the CRADAR screen by pressing the back button. CRADAR will continue running in the background.
If you want CRADAR to stop monitoring, return to the CRADAR screen from the notification bar, and tap the Stop Monitoring bar.
Cradar-Screen-4.jpg

Once a fall has been detected, your phone will start ringing and vibrating, and the counter will start.
If you move more than 8 feet, or tap the "I'm OK" button before the timer runs out, the alert will be cancelled and CRADAR will continue monitoring.
If you do not move at least 8 feet or tap the "I'm OK" button, CRADAR will send a text message to your emergency contact in the following format:
"My phone detected a fall. I may be injured. 42.484506368637085,-76.48738503456116 - Google Maps"
Your contact can tap the link and see your exact location in Google Maps.

CRADAR is a free Android application from ActionXL. Use your Android phone to search the Marketplace for CRADAR, or scan this code with any barcode scanning application. If you are using your phone to view this page, tap the QR code to download Cradar from the Marketplace.

Lol..Johnny, I don't thinks its the old "help I've fallen and I can't get up" type of thing. :) I've actually worried about this before, like when I went down, it was 2 in the morning, and what if I had slid down an embankment instead of on the pavement, where I couldn't be seen and had been really hurt? I had an aquantence a few years back, he and his wife rode Harley's, one early morning she took a ride, on a road she rode on all the time, somehow she went off the road, hit a low hanging branch, and laid down in a river bed for a couple days before they found her. by then it was to late. Out in these highways a bike and rider can easily disappear. I'm gonna look and see if they have one for iPhone. It's a cool idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I lived in NC, I used to ride in a lot of places where I might see a car once every half-hour to 45 minutes... these places also tended to have a pretty steep drop-off on the side of the road... if you went off of the edge of the road, and were unable to climb back out due to injury or unconsciousness, the chance of someone finding you was pretty much non-existent until you were reported missing and a full-on search and rescue was initiated.... there was one such occurrence in the time when I was living there... A guy on his Harley went off the side of the mountain... by the time he and the bike came to a stop, he was 120ft down the side of a mountain off of the road... it was 4 days before he was found and rescued...

I am currently using Instamapper and Google Latitude when I go out riding, which sends a location every so often based on time... my wife has a link to the uploaded maps, and can check in on me every so often while I'm out riding... while that's great, I like the idea of this cradar because in can tell when you may have crashed... using Instamapper, the wife has gotten worried and called when I stopped for lunch... she gives me a ring and says "Is everything OK? Your little dot hasn't moved on the map for 30 minutes" ...

Looks like a good idea, Here in Utah the mountains are pretty steep. We just had a situation where it took 2 weeks to find a couple of guys who went off the road down a 300 foot cliff. Needless to say they didn't make it but the family had to endure 2 weeks of not knowing...

Man Down Detection App for Android

Here's a pretty neat idea for a motorcycle safety app. It uses your Androids accelerometer to detect if you've been in an accident.

CRADAR

CRADAR is a man-down application that runs on any Android phone.

CRADAR senses when you fall, waits 30-120 seconds (whatever you set it for), and if it doesn't see you move at least 8 feet, sends a text message to one of your contacts telling them you might be hurt. This gives your contact a chance to call you to see if you're ok.

In the text message is a link to Google Maps with your GPS coordinates.

If they don't get an answer, they know exactly where you are, and have the GPS coordinates so other people can find you too.

CRADAR.png

Merge time?

This should be merged with the Cradar thread that VA put up before this thread started.

Great idea though about the app. Unlike a s
"spot" that you have to pay all the time for.

Back