Counter Steer

imb4ufz1

:stunta]: All of sudden My neighbor went bough a very nice 08 red suzuki sv650. He tells me its his first bike. Couple days later on Sunday, after I change an oil n filter on bike, I decided to go for little ride, and ask my neighbor Jordan to ride along. But before we saddle on something tells me that I should mention about COUNTER STEERING to Jordan but I didnt, I dont know why, maybe cause his been riding by him self and understood that concept. Well we got on freeway AL459 to AL65 exit to Oak Moutaine Park. The park road started to wind and right in front of me his going off the road and takes a speel at about 35mph.
He didnt get hurt, just little on his left palm, but the bike didnt look good.
While we wait for his buddy to come with his pick up, I then mention about COUNTER STEERING and Jordan had no idea what I was talking about.I felt bad about not telling him earlier :stunta]:

Last edited:
If a rider is out on a public road, and has a licence you should not have to coach him about countersteering or anything else, other than what you expect of others in a group. That is always a good thing to talk about prior to group rides. Other than that I wouldn't feel guilty. Everyone should be responsible for themselves. As long as he is OK then hopefully he will learn and seek more training. The bike damage will remind him to ride within his limits.

Counter Steering

It really works.

:bowdown:

I learned it last week. My last 10 years of renting HD, I thought, "If you want to turn, lean over."

Counter steering is fantastic. MSF is next on my list (before more jackets).

:surrender:

Don't take the MSF, take the Total Control Advanced Riders Course. They are given just about everywhere. Take that and you get two things: a great lesson on how to ride and also an even greater appreciation of the FZ1.

Not ca?

Don't take the MSF, take the Total Control Advanced Riders Course. They are given just about everywhere. Take that and you get two things: a great lesson on how to ride and also an even greater appreciation of the FZ1.

I do not see any in CA. Oh well.

Well, it happen past sunday so his over being upset and I feeling guilty.
Joran down load a twisted trottle or something that has rideing lesson of sort.

It really works.

:bowdown:

I learned it last week. My last 10 years of renting HD, I thought, "If you want to turn, lean over."

Counter steering is fantastic. MSF is next on my list (before more jackets).

:surrender:

I hadn't thought about it until you mentioned it but it is important.

Countersteering is intuitive and I've heard it taught but I don't know if you can learn it. It needs to be intuitive and most new riders do it but don't know they do it. It's intuitive.

But, living at the gateway to the 3 Sisters, and dealing with 2 wheeled traffic bottlenecks at curves; it does seen to illustrate the HD maneuvering technique. Just throw your body this way, then throw your body that way.

Back