Cotton Reels

NAPA121

Guys,

I bought some R&G cotton Reels so that my paddock stand with hooks can lift the back end whilst on the motorcycle lift.

Question is, is it ok to leave these cotton reels on the bike all the time or best to take them off when not needed (ie: whilst riding)?

I'm not a mad rider or anything but I'm concerned that if I leave them on is it possible for them to touch the road when on full lean? What do other people do?

Sorry if it is a stupid question.

Cheers

I am assuming you are talking about the little reels that screw into the swingarm. You should be fine keeping them on the bike, I actually have them on my bike (different brand) all the time. If you have ever looked at any sport bike that doesn't have a center stand they typically have the reels just for the ease of maintenance. Plus the basically act as little "frame sliders" for the swingarm.

I think it would be next to impossible to drag the reels at full lean. If you can you are buy far a better biker than I :tup:

Just leave them on, there's pretty much no chance of you dragging the cotton reels on the ground, the pegs and exhaust would go down first.

I'd also advise a small drop of threadlocker on the bolts before fitting as I've had some come loose before.

Yea, as the others said just leave them on. As for the Loctite just make sure you use the blue and not the red. I don't use mine much anymore now that I reinstalled the center stand, but decided to just leave them on anyway.

Yea, as the others said just leave them on. As for the Loctite just make sure you use the blue and not the red. I don't use mine much anymore now that I reinstalled the center stand, but decided to just leave them on anyway.

Tony, you are missing the rubber stopper on your centerstand.

Tony, you are missing the rubber stopper on your centerstand.

LOL...good eye Lee, but it actually attaches to the Yosh midpipe. You just basically remove it from the center stand and install it the midpipe. You can see it circled below ;)

attachment.php

Back