Corbin or Yamaha Comfort Seat?

I have a corbin seat on mine . It's a really good seat. Bit hard,but when you used to it , you don't want the original seat again. I'm satisfied with it and it's looks great also :). The comfort seat of yamaha i have no experience with.
Greetz marc

2ino5y.jpg

140agep.jpg

2ajynt1.jpg

I have had both of the seats you mention. I returned the Yamaha gel seat the same day I received it. The gel was so soft my pelvis went right to the seat base. Terrible. I have also run the Corbin. Much better than the stock seat. It is a little firm but it is shaped much better and it is a litlle wider. I now run the Sargent. By far the best seat of the bunch. Shaped much like the Corbin but with more comfortable foam. Of the choices you listed, I would definitely go with the Corbin but ultimately I would look for a Sargent.

Sargent Cycle Products - Yamaha

Roy

Last edited:
Top Sellerie, sellerie moto FTW. No seat is more comfortable than a TS seat. I've tried them all (not all on an FZ1) and the TS seat is in its own class. Yesterday I rode Norm's FZ1 for 300+ miles and only ever had to stop for fuel. My arse was a little sore when I got back but I was over it after a hot shower.

I have a Sargent seat om my FZ1 and find it pretty hard. I hope it will break in a little with more use.

Also wonder if my 155lb weight has anything to do with how it sits.....

Top Sellerie, sellerie moto FTW. No seat is more comfortable than a TS seat. I've tried them all (not all on an FZ1) and the TS seat is in its own class. Yesterday I rode Norm's FZ1 for 300+ miles and only ever had to stop for fuel. My arse was a little sore when I got back but I was over it after a hot shower.

Hey Eric, can you tell me if I've got this right? As I've been looking into seats for a while and the stocker is a pain in the butt... pun intended... :D

I just looked at the Sargent and it's almost 500usd... not including postage.

The Top Selerie seat, well they have several Type 1 deluxe seats ready made and I picked one with silver, and including buying the base it was only 285 euro's with postage to australia. Thats a few $ under $350aud or $375usd...

Does that sound right??? That makes the Top Selerie seat far cheaper and it's the better seat! I don't care about replacing the back seat as I don't use it, but it's still cheap!!! Am I missing something or do the comfy Top Selerie seats that everyone talks about need to be custom ordered? - making them more expensive...

Hi got a choice Corbin $385 AUD or Yamaha Comfort $220 AUD both delivered. What do you think?

Blanchy for your $385 you may want to look at the Top Sellerie ready made seat deal which is about $350aud delivered...

Ready made Type 1 Deluxe Seat - Seat complete - REF2737

I priced this one with the silver beading (the link above is for red beading) and I selected to buy a seat base (other option is to send them your original seat as a swap deal and it's cheaper after they get your seat) and with postage to Oz its 285euros = $347aud...

Last edited:
Hey Eric, can you tell me if I've got this right? As I've been looking into seats for a while and the stocker is a pain in the butt... pun intended... :D

I just looked at the Sargent and it's almost 500usd... not including postage.

The Top Selerie seat, well they have several Type 1 deluxe seats ready made and I picked one with silver, and including buying the base it was only 285 euro's with postage to australia. Thats a few $ under $350aud or $375usd...

Does that sound right??? That makes the Top Selerie seat far cheaper and it's the better seat! I don't care about replacing the back seat as I don't use it, but it's still cheap!!! Am I missing something or do the comfy Top Selerie seats that everyone talks about need to be custom ordered? - making them more expensive...

You have it right. With the Euro doing very poorly right now, these seats are nearly half price. I believe Norm's was under $300 AND that included keeping his stock seats.

The bargain bin ones are good for up to about a 34 - 36" waist. If you are 34" and under, you'll find it VERY comfortable. If you are 36" or over, I'd recommend ordering the customized LONG option. I'm between a 24 and a 36 waist right now and Norm's standard TS seat was great for me now. I do have the long one back home though.

End result is: Yes. The TS seat is not onlt the most comfortable, but also the cheapest option right now. :D

You have it right. With the Euro doing very poorly right now, these seats are nearly half price. I believe Norm's was under $300 AND that included keeping his stock seats.

The bargain bin ones are good for up to about a 34 - 36" waist. If you are 34" and under, you'll find it VERY comfortable. If you are 36" or over, I'd recommend ordering the customized LONG option. I'm between a 24 and a 36 waist right now and Norm's standard TS seat was great for me now. I do have the long one back home though.

End result is: Yes. The TS seat is not onlt the most comfortable, but also the cheapest option right now. :D

Holy cow Eric! I thought I was seeing things!!! :D Yep I'm a 34" waist... Oh I so want to order one right now... I have the $$$ but I don't want to order anything more till I've moved house... decisions!!!

I've been contemplating getting a sheepskin seat cover custom made when i get home... hmmm....

Holy cow Eric! I thought I was seeing things!!! :D Yep I'm a 34" waist... Oh I so want to order one right now... I have the $$$ but I don't want to order anything more till I've moved house... decisions!!!

I've been contemplating getting a sheepskin seat cover custom made when i get home... hmmm....

Order and have it delivered to work then there's no wondering. ;) Your arse will thank you immensely!

Top sellerie is also really good. I have a few mate's ho have those on there bike's. Maybe the best choice you can make ;-)

I have had both of the seats you mention. I returned the Yamaha gel seat the same day I received it. The gel was so soft my pelvis went right to the seat base. Terrible. I have also run the Corbin. Much better than the stock seat. It is a little firm but it is shaped much better and it is a litlle wider. I now run the Sargent. By far the best seat of the bunch. Shaped much like the Corbin but with more comfortable foam. Of the choices you listed, I would definitely go with the Corbin but ultimately I would look for a Sargent.

Sargent Cycle Products - Yamaha

Roy
I tried the Yamaha Dis Comfort seat today! Very glad not to have bought one, 55km and my butt was numb made the standard feel plush. Felt like a rock so that ones out!! Might have to save up a bit more for the Top Selerie (Strange Name) Thanks all for the input.

I tried the Yamaha Dis Comfort seat today! Very glad not to have bought one, 55km and my butt was numb made the standard feel plush. Felt like a rock so that ones out!! Might have to save up a bit more for the Top Selerie (Strange Name) Thanks all for the input.

Well seats are like windscreens...what works for one person may not suit the next one. Not many people are thrilled by the stock seat or the Yamaha Comfort seat. I have tried both the Sargent and Corbin and the Corbin is slightly better for me. The Top Sellerie seat seems to be the most comfortable, but it may limit your movement around if you want to hang off in the corners.

And as for the name it's French so what did you expect! Of course it's going to be strange ;) Actually it translates to Top Saddlery and would make more sense if we were riding horses :th_smiley_rotfl2[1]

Ah work for me is in the middle east atm and not an option for a large item like that... I just have to wait a month...

You can come over and try mine out before you commit. :party0011:

Damn you guys and this website!!!!

You will have the wrath of SWMBO to deal with once she realises why I'm glued to the computer and that it has everything to do with all the new shiny and pretty bits on the bike!

Top Sellerie Seat For Sale

Hi All, I ordered and received a Top Sellerie seat ( both rider and pillion ). I have had two rides so far on it and although it is comfortable, it is not for me. I like to move backwards and around on a bike seat, and I feel a little restricted doing this on the Top Sellerie seat. The seat(s) are black with a fine silver piping and FZ1 logo on riders seat. As has been mentioned, these seats are usually $400 to $500 but I paid AUS$347 delivered. If anyone is interested, I will sell them for AUS$250 plus postage( or near offer). Absolute Bargain!!! I am at Copacabana on Central Coast NSW ( about 15 mins from Gosford, or 1 hour north of Sydney)...rick54

Back