Copperdawg SS2 Raven

Status
Not open for further replies.
****sold************I have a Copperdawg SS2 Raven used for about 6 months. Very good conditions. No cracks. A few rock chips that have been touched up. Looks great and makes your FZ1 look sweet. This is stock wind screen height. $200.00

soulrider-albums-soulrider-s-fz1-picture3757-20130203-155951.jpg
soulrider-albums-soulrider-s-fz1-picture3759-20130203-154818-hdr.jpg
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:
From the pictures, it looks like this is the version that has the mirror block off plates built in. I'm not sure I'd want that either.

It's a great screen, and someone will snatch it up. There are many black FZ1's out there.

I can't tell from the pictures above (and don't see it in description).. does it have cut-outs for OEM mirrors?

If it has the cut-outs, I'll take it. I'll also send you a PM.

I can't tell from the pictures above (and don't see it in description).. does it have cut-outs for OEM mirrors?

If it has the cut-outs, I'll take it. I'll also send you a PM.

It doesn't have the cutouts but you can easily cut it to make it work. Painters tape and a high-speed dremel. CD may even give you a paper template to attach to each side for cutting. ;)

It doesn't have the cutouts but you can easily cut it to make it work. Painters tape and a high-speed dremel. CD may even give you a paper template to attach to each side for cutting. ;)

Hmm.. I've done a lot of plastic cutting with a Dremel before (several screens). Results are usually less than perfect, requiring careful sanding and touching up. I don't think I would want to do this on a piece with glossy paint. *shrug*

Hmm.. I've done a lot of plastic cutting with a Dremel before (several screens). Results are usually less than perfect, requiring careful sanding and touching up. I don't think I would want to do this on a piece with glossy paint. *shrug*

When doing a painted item, you would first score the paint with an Exacto or razor blade all the way through to the panel. When cutting, you want to use a fine wheel and cut on the waste side of the score mark. Use an emery board (nail file) to clean it all up.

It's all about technique and being slow and careful.

When doing a painted item, you would first score the paint with an Exacto or razor blade all the way through to the panel. When cutting, you want to use a fine wheel and cut on the waste side of the score mark. Use an emery board (nail file) to clean it all up.

It's all about technique and being slow and careful.

it's all in the hips ;)

but yeah, go slow, better to take 15 minutes to do it right than 5 and screw it up. i've learned that over many years of woodcarving

Still have not heard from seller, but doesn't it look like the cut-outs ARE there, in this picture? (it's linked to yamahafz1oa forum.. so if you're not logged in there, I think it will not show up here)

picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back