Cop has Sick Motorcycle Skills!!!

That is great! I have actually been lucky enough to see the local police and sheriff departments take part in these types of riding contests. Man it's amazing to see them go around those cones with those big heavy bikes. Most of the time those bikes are constantly dragging the floorboards...lol

I don't practice as much as I'd like to, that's for sure. But even if I did, I wouldn't get there.

It's like me watching (insert any professional in any field) -- I can practice as much as I want to, but I know I'll never get there - that's why I'm not in those fields.

That's not to say I can't get better than I am - I'm constantly improving.

I don't practice as much as I'd like to, that's for sure. But even if I did, I wouldn't get there.

It's like me watching (insert any professional in any field) -- I can practice as much as I want to, but I know I'll never get there - that's why I'm not in those fields.

That's not to say I can't get better than I am - I'm constantly improving.

sky's the limit my friend!

That guy is VERY good. It takes alot of practice to be able to ride a cone pattern that complicated, placing you tire exactly where you want it, while timing your flick and trying to do so as fast as possible.

I took the civilian intermediate motorcycle training class in Alameda, CA about 5 years ago. I have a friend that is REALLY into precision riding on his 2 fully restored KZP1000s. He flew in from the east coast for this and he invited me along. I figured it would be interesting as I hadn't been on pavement since I dual-sported my 1996 XR400. I was riding my trials bike alot at the time, so I thought it might be in for a heavy pig bike for 2 days. I was surprised how nimble the KZPs were.

I had a great time, and learned a bunch. It really helped me out when I got back on the pavement with a huge 1992 Kawi Concures that was given to me by one of my true friends. Due to that training class, I had confidence in my lowspeed riding and practiced full steering lock to lock turns on it alot. The FZ1 fun to ride slow. I find it easier after all my mods with exception of my bars being so low that I must be mindful of my thumb position.

I was lucky enough to ride with 2 intructors who did this for OH Law Enforcement. Both retired cops now and both teach the state. good guys to have advice from.

I think I will design something for my FZ1 that will drag on the road when I lean the bike over a moderate amount. That should make cornering easier!!!

:yes:

Cheers,

MrHix

Back