cooperdawg screen

I have one and love it. The wind may be a little more but to me it seems to be a better flow. I think it is better over all than the stock and looks a lot better. FZ1NH has one and i'm sure he will have some input for you as well.

I have the medium Copperdawg screen with the mirrors covered over. It does not send the wind over your helmet. It does however dramatically smooth the wind that is hitting you. I think the stock mirrors are the biggest culprit there. I find it a bit quieter and much more "peaceful" being in a smooth windstream as opposed to a buffeting one like the stock setup. Works well for me and looks slick!

Well, first we need to clarify... ;) The Copperdog piece is not a windscreen, it is a fiberglass body panel which doesn't deflect wind. What it does is streamline the wind and gives you a full-on free-flowing air stream that is much less turbulent than a stock windscreen. It's a much smoother air that doesn't make your head bobble. The same can be said for each size of his screens because the base curve is the same for them all. It's just a matter of how long or short the end of the curve is.

I have the medium scalloped panel and love it. I get nice clean air. There's two scools to a windscreen. Either none and clean air, or very large to block ALL air. Anything in between is what I'd call an annoyance. :D

Just as the others have already said - it doesn't reduce the wind, but it smooths it out and helps prevent the "head bobble" effect.

I've considered going back to a tall windshield to help on those really windy days, but my CD screen is just too sexy to take off.

Just as the others have already said - it doesn't reduce the wind, but it smooths it out and helps prevent the "head bobble" effect.

I've considered going back to a tall windshield to help on those really windy days, but my CD screen is just too sexy to take off.

I feel the exact same way about it. Basically, it is smooth but you DO get hit with a ton of air. The only thing pissing me off honestly with it, is the bugs don't die on it, they get thrown into your face. Which is OK with a full face helmet like I wear, but I am cleaning it at every stop.

IF it did not look so epic on my bike, I would be seriously considering the Puig Touring screen. I may get one of those for a long trip like going to Deals Gap, just to help with the wind.

I feel the exact same way about it. Basically, it is smooth but you DO get hit with a ton of air. The only thing pissing me off honestly with it, is the bugs don't die on it, they get thrown into your face. Which is OK with a full face helmet like I wear, but I am cleaning it at every stop.

IF it did not look so epic on my bike, I would be seriously considering the Puig Touring screen. I may get one of those for a long trip like going to Deals Gap, just to help with the wind.

when are you planing on going to the gap?

Well, first we need to clarify... ;) The Copperdog piece is not a windscreen, it is a fiberglass body panel .....

Yes, this is the most correct. I have the medium CD screen and got it for the killer looks, not its wind protection. It does smooth the oncoming air even with the stock mirrors, so as others have said it removes head bobble.
One of the greatest things about the FZ1 is its ability to change to fit a rider's desires.

Dave

I'm just waiting for the clear screen....

Clear009.jpg

Clear014.jpg

edited for pics

Last edited:
Back