Coolant leaking from radiator cap

Hey guys! New to the forum glad to be here! I recently purchased a 2006 FZ-1 and pretty sure the guy was retarded. Engine oil was over filled and some other minor stuff that we fixed. Now I'm running into an issue when my bike gets hot it is leaking coolant out from under the radiator cap. I thought maybe he over filled the coolant as well but the reservoir is where it should be. I let it cool completely off and pulled the cap to check the rubber seal and it was spilling coolant out of the top of the radiator. Is it possible that there is too much coolant in the radiator itself and when it gets hot it's dripping out from under the cap or would any extra flow back into the reservoir tank? Very frustrated with this purchase. Love the bike once I figure out everything this guy screwed up. Thanks ahead of time!

When the bike is hot and spitting coolant from the cap, what does the reservoir look like?

If it is full you may have too much coolant, if it is empty when hot there could be something blocking the coolant from getting out of the radiator. Perhaps the thermostat is frozen in the closed position?

I would start with a new rad cap . Also if the coolant was replaced it needs to cycle and burp before you replace the cap GOOD LUCK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back