Computer Help Again!!

Hey everyone, Sorry that Im taking up time with a non FZ1 post but I know that we have a few Computer guys in this forum. So the problem I have is with my email account. I have a Hotmail account and today there were spam emails sent out from my account. The emails were ads for prescription drugs from canada or something like that. I have changed my password but is there anything I can do to stop this? Please Help and Much thanks.

It had happened to me not too long ago. The first thing I did was make a password change. After a while I wound up changing my username altogether. I emailed everyone on my list to notify them of the change. Try the password first.

More than likely your email address was just "spoofed". In other words the email appeared to come from you, but you really didn't send it from your account. Happens all the time and there is nothing you can really do about it. It's actually pretty simple (if you're a spammer) to make an email appear to come from another user...

More than likely your email address was just "spoofed". In other words the email appeared to come from you, but you really didn't send it from your account. Happens all the time and there is nothing you can really do about it. It's actually pretty simple (if you're a spammer) to make an email appear to come from another user...

+1 I can send an email out to my entire contact list and make it look like it came from my boss or Bill Gates for that matter.

Computer

I recently encountered this with Yahoo mail. I added Spyware and AdCom, both free malware fighters, and changed my password. The Spyware and Adware found the problems and removed it and I am clean ever since. I also have McAfee but it didn't catch the culprit.

1st place to check is you "Auto Reply" option in your Hotmail account. Often times, a malware program will change your account settings while you are logged in and put in an Auto Reply in your account. This happens more so with AOL (UGH!!!!!!!!!!!) accounts.

Next, go to Malwarebytes and download the free program, install, update and do a FULL system scan.

What are you using for antivirus? How about spy/malware? Is the subscription up to date and the latest definitions downloaded? If you want an FREE and all-encompassing solution, go to Microsoft.com and download their Security Essentials package. It covers virus, spyware and malware and costs ZERO.

Hope this helps!

I recently encountered this with Yahoo mail. I added Spyware and AdCom, both free malware fighters, and changed my password. The Spyware and Adware found the problems and removed it and I am clean ever since. I also have McAfee but it didn't catch the culprit.

I had issues and first ran Microsoft Onecare scan (free) which took several hours and than added Microsoft Security Essentials (free) and absolutely every problem I was encountering has gone away, its like I have a new computer. What better place to get anti-virus software than the creators of Windows???

Try it you will not be disappointed..

http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm Do this one first

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/default.aspx then install this

Last edited:
Back