completely new

That is a lot of motorcycle for a first time rider not named Rossi.

I think Rossi crashed the first time he was on a track :)

In addition to getting some training as others have said, Definatly read some books. And for gods sakes get some good quality saftey gear, head to toe!! because you are most likely going to crash. Believe me, you dont want the "rake" that is the tool they use in the ER to get the chunks of gravel and dirt out of whats left of your hide. God put cows on this earth for a reason, to make leathers! :yes:
Seriously, dont be a squid. If you havent bought the proper saftey gear because you cant afford it, freakin eat ramin and eggs until you can! A lowside at 50 in leathers can be exhillerating so long as you dont hit anything; you dont want to know what its like without proper gear (sorry i couldnt find the english version): [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTPpKuaWaRY]Brittany Morrow - Road Rash Queen - YouTube[/ame]

Books:
Saftey:
Proficient Motorcycling (and More...vol 2) David Hough
Performance riding:
Total Control by Lee Parks
Twist of the wrist (Vol 1 and 2) Keith Code

sorry this has taken so long haha. but yes i will prolly get frame sliders and whatever person had this before me definatly laid it down on both sides but u can only really tell on the right because the frame is cracked but its hard to notice unless you are up close to it haha. i love the bike already and i havent even rode it on the street :) its a great bike. and i know how you all are saying to watch my twist of wrist etc. i know this lol because my uncle took me out to a huge factory's abandoned parking lot and had me practice there before i get my temps and i figured out half of what it can do :) its a freaking awesome bike and i know im gonna have to treat it with care especially on the throttle haha ;) and whoever asked earlier, my dad drives a victory hammer at the moment but he just bought some 1200 suzuki bandit maybe is what its called?? not sure haha. and my uncle drives a harley road glide i think but hes raced motorcycles and his son owns a beull and so forth. and dont worry about safety gear haha im not allowed to ride without it ha, and i think they r gonna have me take safety classes. aaaannndd i will get pics of "the beast" lol up its just im busy a lot but ill get them up soon :)

sorry this has taken so long haha. but yes i will prolly get frame sliders and whatever person had this before me definatly laid it down on both sides but u can only really tell on the right because the frame is cracked but its hard to notice unless you are up close to it haha.

Please dont tell me your riding a bike with a cracked frame ! Keep a close eye on the crack and have a qualified mechanic take a look at it as soon as possible.

Take the other members advice and get enrolled in a Motorcycle safety foundation class. MSF

I'm sure your Father and Uncle want the best for you but starting you out on a 1000cc bike and riding it with a cracked frame sounds a little scary.
HAVE THE FRAME WELDED OR REPLACED IMMEDIATELY !

Maybe your father and uncle could take the MSF classes with you ??
May qualify them for an insurance discount. :tup:

Please dont tell me your riding a bike with a cracked frame ! Keep a close eye on the crack and have a qualified mechanic take a look at it as soon as possible.

Take the other members advice and get enrolled in a Motorcycle safety foundation class. MSF

I'm sure your Father and Uncle want the best for you but starting you out on a 1000cc bike and riding it with a cracked frame sounds a little scary.
HAVE THE FRAME WELDED OR REPLACED IMMEDIATELY !

Maybe your father and uncle could take the MSF classes with you ??
May qualify them for an insurance discount. :tup:

like just the plastic is cracked where it says fz1 a crack runs through that. thats it sorry if i made it sound bad im new lol idk what im saying ;) but just the plastic is cracked where it says fz1 haha nothing else!

like just the plastic is cracked where it says fz1 a crack runs through that. thats it sorry if i made it sound bad im new lol idk what im saying ;) but just the plastic is cracked where it says fz1 haha nothing else!

AHHH just the plastic :th_smiley_rotfl2[1] That's good to hear !!!

You had me worried for a minute !

My sentiments exactly. Do you have any other prior riding experience? MotoX? or any street riding??? I'd never let my son start out on a liter bike but thats just me. I know that there are many youngsters out there with a natural gift of riding big bike early. If your one of these kids God bless you. As everyone else has said, I'd definitely look into a safety class to get you better suited for riding on the street. If you were my son I wouldn't let you out of first gear for at least six months, this way you'd be limited to 80 or 90mph. Just be careful and take it slow......with your throttle hand that is!

Agreed. Not fair to paint everyone with the same brush and all, but that's an awfully you age for a machine like the FZ1. Then again, not all 16 year olds are the same.

Just don't get greedy with the throttle and ride scared.

I think Rossi crashed the first time he was on a track :)

In addition to getting some training as others have said, Definatly read some books. And for gods sakes get some good quality saftey gear, head to toe!! because you are most likely going to crash. Believe me, you dont want the "rake" that is the tool they use in the ER to get the chunks of gravel and dirt out of whats left of your hide. God put cows on this earth for a reason, to make leathers! :yes:
Seriously, dont be a squid. If you havent bought the proper saftey gear because you cant afford it, freakin eat ramin and eggs until you can! A lowside at 50 in leathers can be exhillerating so long as you dont hit anything; you dont want to know what its like without proper gear (sorry i couldnt find the english version): Brittany Morrow - Road Rash Queen - YouTube

Books:
Saftey:
Proficient Motorcycling (and More...vol 2) David Hough
Performance riding:
Total Control by Lee Parks
Twist of the wrist (Vol 1 and 2) Keith Code

she's still freakin cute for being a road rash queen!

Back