Complete and utter disbelief

That's pretty common in the suburbs of Chicago. You leave the garage door open and thieves cruising the area during the day to note which house has what. Then they come back and rob the place.

My brother makes it a practice to always keep the door down unless he's taking the car or bike out and then it's only open to do that. That's what the police in the area recommend. It's a shame that we have to behave like that to protect our stuff.

That's pretty common in the suburbs of Chicago. You leave the garage door open and thieves cruising the area during the day to note which house has what. Then they come back and rob the place.

My brother makes it a practice to always keep the door down unless he's taking the car or bike out and then it's only open to do that. That's what the police in the area recommend. It's a shame that we have to behave like that to protect our stuff.

I am always thinking the same thing. I keep my mountain bike locked up when it is in the Garage in case someone breaks in they will go for something easier to get than my bike. It is old, but I have sentimental feelings toward it.

So sorry to hear about the loss. I hope you get it back, the jerks get caught and serve time for it. I am also glad your family is okay.

Johnny, so sorry to hear about the theft. Hope everything works out for you.
If you don't have theft insurance on the bikes check if your homeowners policy
has you covered.

Its starting to sink in that my FZ is gone. That bike meant a tremendous amount to me. It brought me back to street riding and as those who know me fro when I first joined it was a present from my wife. A lot of people I now know and call friends are from this bike. So it really is a friend and companion to me.

So please you guys in the NY, NJ and PA area look through your local craigs list and want adds.

Penske Shock Carbon rad gaurds and screen Hyperpro damper and so on

Man sorry to hear that bro. In all honesty, I'm glad they found what they wanted in the garage and didn't feel the need to go inside the house with your family there.

Johnny I'll keep an eye out for craigslist and eBay parts. If they are stupid enough to list stuff for sale they'll get caught...

And I know how down you're feeling over this. It's just plain sucks when people steal from you. I still have not gotten over the theft of my '73 Camaro RS and that was over 20 years ago. It was my first car and meant a lot to me as well...and it was never found :(

Last edited:
That totally sucks Johnny. Happened to me in the early 90's (knock on wood). Never wish that on anyone. At least it was not your only form of transportation! ;)

Keep us updated!

Man that is one piece of bad news Johnny. I'm really sorry to hear that. Just once I'd like to catch one of those bastards in the act, just once!

The FZ has full coverage so it wont be a total loss. A friend got the Hawk home for me(irony is paying a 300 dollar towing and storage fee). She needs some parts but will be up and running again. Boy do i wish I rode her one last time. Hug your bike tightly tonight ladies and Gents.

Sorry to hear that, makes me wonder how I would feel if I went to the shed and saw bikes missing, I'm beefing up the locks today! Maybe you could post the frame & engine serial #'s?

Really sucks but at least you had insurance. I consider my self lucky. I live in an area where you can keep your house unlocked, garage open with all my stuff in it and keys in the car and have never had anything stolen. If something is gone I know to phone friends or family to find out who "borrowed" it. :looseit:

:looseit: cant stand thieves!!!!! :tdown: sorry jonny! my wife hates garage open. my 2 bikes, tools bunch of goods to be had! wake up call fellas! times gonna get worse! bring thieves out. shut it. lock it. blazer.

Back