Comfort

I gave the FZ1 a try too and could not get rid of the buzziness in the handlebars. The problem for me always seemed to happen over 65 mph. I changed grips several times, i got a cramp buster (it helped some). I changed the tire pressure. I thought about changing tires but decided not to in the end. I even spoke to a couple of local bike shops if they had other ideas, they seemed to think that some bikes just have more vibrations. I also worked on riding posture and how I kept my arms and hands, etc. In the end I sold the bike. Good luck in your decision.

I gave the FZ1 a try too and could not get rid of the buzziness in the handlebars. The problem for me always seemed to happen over 65 mph. I changed grips several times, i got a cramp buster (it helped some). I changed the tire pressure. I thought about changing tires but decided not to in the end. I even spoke to a couple of local bike shops if they had other ideas, they seemed to think that some bikes just have more vibrations. I also worked on riding posture and how I kept my arms and hands, etc. In the end I sold the bike. Good luck in your decision.

how come you got problems with 2 FZ1s when most of the other had none? It is not the bike in this case! FZ1 was much smoother than the Z1000SX that I testrode..

how come you got problems with 2 FZ1s when most of the other had none? It is not the bike in this case! FZ1 was much smoother than the Z1000SX that I testrode..

Good question, I wish I could have figured it out. As I mentioned, I tried several things but found no solution. I had two other bikes that I did not have vibration problem with, FJR1300 and a VFR800. Lots of people love their FZ1, in the end, I decided to sell mine.

Sometimes a bike will have vibrations just due to tolerances adding up in the wrong direction. Usually you can dial it out, sometimes you can't.

I had a '03 FJR and it did give my hands the tingles, don't know why.

I had my FZ1 out today on I-10 in West TX where speed limit is 80 mph (5,000 rpm) and over long stretches there was no buzz or vibration I could detect, bars were steady, mirrors clear. I wonder if your tires are out of balance, that would have an effect on buzz and vibration. Hope you can find a solution.

Last edited:
Back