Comfort Gel seat

Chucknorris

Does everyone who has this find it slippery?? pushing your jewels up on the tank??? I have this one and stock. The stock is good for an hour or so but gets uncomfortable.Never really took a long ride with the Gel yet due to it being slippery...

I'm in for this one. I'm curious to see how people like this seat. I thought about picking one up. Much more than an hour on the stock one and my ass kills.

I don't have the gel seat from Yamaha, but I have the corbin and im not a fan. The corbin is a bit slippery as well and for the way I like to ride it wanted me to sit back further in the seat than I like. I grew up and still ride dirt bikes so I have a "nuts on tank" posture. I did 300 miles on the corbin and I was sore, ass and legs. Did 150 on stock seat and legs were sore, ass was fine.

really contemplating selling the corbin

off topic - I did 7+ hours on my old R6 and had minor leg cramps. 2 hours on the fz1 and my legs are killing me. always in the calf. I was hoping it would be better with the more upright posture and rubber mounted footpegs

Guess while we are on seats, I'll chime in. The stock seat was only good for 45 minutes for me. Bought a Corbin. Very nice looking seat by the way, but it only doubled my ride time before having to take a break. 90 minutes max. An improvement, sure. But not ready for sport-touring.

I don't know what the answer is. I'd hate to buy and try each of the available saddle choices to find something that will allow me to ride for several hours before needing a rest. It could have something to do with weight versus saddle area.

Anybody with the Yamaha gel seat here can tell me whether its taller than the stock seat (seat height)...I have one on the way & totally forgot about seat height issues...(Im vertically challenged)

Anybody with the Yamaha gel seat here can tell me whether its taller than the stock seat (seat height)...I have one on the way & totally forgot about seat height issues...(Im vertically challenged)

Koog - if you are not happy with it, I would be interested in swapping my corbin for your Yamaha gel seat. PM me if interested

I fitted one & as said it is about an inch taller but Im 6,2 so its fine . It is a little slippery with cordura pants but no issues with the leathers , as for seat time Im happy for a couple of hours now compared to half that of the oe ,, to sum up worth the money to me

Most people that fit the gel seat say it's not much better than stock. Do a search for Dirt Road seats. Eddy modifies your stock seat for more comfort and looks. He did a tops job of my FZ1N seat.

Sent from my GT-I9300

For comfort, I went Top Sellerie but it limits how much you can move around. Not great for spirited riding but I can ride for an hour or more without problems. I tried a Yamaha "Discomfort" seat for 55kms and found it way worse than stock for me.

I come from the road racing bicycle world and as you know we ride on those skinny almost unpadded seats. In my experience the gel seats, for bicycles, are usually less comfortable than a good racing seat because the gel tends to squish its way into your sensitive areas. I assume that the Yamaha gel seat would do the same compared to the stock one. In my opinion a firm seat is better than a soft one.

Speaking of which, since I'm used to spending 6 to 8 hours on those skinny seats I find the stock seat as comfortable as a sofa or easy chair. Doing 4 to 6 hour rides are fine for my bottom. It was the hands that got me but after seeing a hand surgeon and getting carpal tunnel surgery in one hand and a cortizone injection in the other I feel great and ready for extended riding.

I got the gel seat on. Weirdly enough it felt firmer than the stocker, but I haven't ridden the bike yet to test that. Seat height is the same.

I had a gel seat on my Bonneville but couldn't tell the difference between that and the stock one.

I recently bought a Sargent for the Yamaha but am returning it.

I like to sit near the tank and really found it uncomfortable there, edges are hard. Sitting back farther is better, the shape is good but not enough padding. Seems I can feel the seat pan.

I'm surprised since I liked their seats on previous bikes, 07 VFR an zrx1200r

Last edited:
Dirt Road Eddie Seats

I put Eddies seats on my bike and changed my whole riding thing. 100 miles is a short hop 400 miles is a nice day

Last edited:
Back