colour matched bits

I saw these on a OPP website out of Vancouver,B.C., Canada. The complete kit, every nut and bolt for the whole bike was $371.00 Also spotted a tail tidy with full light integration that I had never seen before, looks slick. The angle of the signal light is adjustable so that you can see them from the side as well.

They're all showbikes

Those bolts look nice, but that's a lot of money to replace perfectly good bolts. I can it for a show bike...

Let's be honest, we all want our bikes to GO great, and LOOK great. You are right about the price though ! I am thinking about airbrushing my existing bolts over the winter months, thus getting the look without the cost. I just have to make sure that I can put on a durable enough finish without interfering with their functionality and purpose ! I am having my saddlebags professionally painted to match the bike when the crap weather sets in,(soon).

We do that same kit for $276, and it's a nice touch if you really want your bike to be different. For the first Gen's, they do a kist that changes every visible bolt, and I've done my FZ1.

We do that same kit for $276, and it's a nice touch if you really want your bike to be different. For the first Gen's, they do a kist that changes every visible bolt, and I've done my FZ1.
Lets see some pictures. The kit that I listed in my post is also for every visible bolt on the Gen 2 as well. When I have the cash I am going to get it.

I don't have pics on the Gen 2 - our FZ's are 1st Gen. It is the same 115 Piece kit, Lightech lists them here: It's the Fairing, Engine, and Frame kit.. The Frame kit will have all the fasteners for the rearsets, passenger pegs, etc...

Italian

I don't have pics on the Gen 2 - our FZ's are 1st Gen. It is the same 115 Piece kit, Lightech lists them here: It's the Fairing, Engine, and Frame kit.. The Frame kit will have all the fasteners for the rearsets, passenger pegs, etc...
It's probably a good thing that I don't read or speak Italian. I saw a few things on that site that I would like, including the Lightech chain adjuster. Hey it's only money.:embarrased:

New Stuff

The Pazzo Levers came today ! 4 days after ordering online, WOW. THey sure are purdy ! Will get them on tomorrow night.

Here is what they look like out of the box. :sinister:

Last edited:
Wow that is alot of money to spend on the bolts. For me it wouldn't just be the money it would be the fact that after I bought them I would have to figure out which bolt went where and for me weeeelllllllll that most likely wouldn't go so well.

Very nice! Oldschool you will love them that's for sure. Plus they're a perfect match to the gold on the forks ;)

I went with the long...the shorties just didn't feel right in my hand:

IMG_0751.jpg

That's why

After seeing your levers I just had to have. I got the shorties because I figured that if I ever dropped the bike, even in a parking lot, that the shorties would not get bent or broken off. Hopefully that never happens, but the only place I have ever dropped a bike is in the driveway.
I also like the shorties because I usually only use two fingers to pull them anyway. I'll post a shot of them on the bike as soon as I can.

By the way I like your bar ends.:shine:

After seeing your levers I just had to have. I got the shorties because I figured that if I ever dropped the bike, even in a parking lot, that the shorties would not get bent or broken off. Hopefully that never happens, but the only place I have ever dropped a bike is in the driveway.
I also like the shorties because I usually only use two fingers to pull them anyway. I'll post a shot of them on the bike as soon as I can.

By the way I like your bar ends.:shine:

Makes sense...the shorties should survive a drop w/o a problem. Let's just hope you never find out :)

That bar end in the picture was the left one to the Throttlemeister cruise control. The actual throttle lock was on the right hand one. I eventually sold them since I didn't find much use for the cc and really didn't care for the way it operated. I have the stock bar ends on there now, but picked up some heavier Motovation bar end weights (which will help with the vibrations). They are ss, but I am going to get them powder coated black when I do the front peg brackets over the winter.

Last edited:
Powder coating

Makes sense...the shorties should survive a drop w/o a problem. Let's just hope you never find out :)

That bar end in the picture was the left one to the Throttlemeister cruise control. The actual throttle lock was on the right hand one. I eventually sold them since I didn't find much use for the cc and really didn't care for the way it operated. I have the stock bar ends on there now, but picked up some heavier Motovation bar end weights (which will help with the vibrations). They are ss, but I am going to get them powder coated black when I do the front peg brackets over the winter.

The nice thing about powder coating is how tough the stuff is, especially in areas that don't see heat. If you are doing parts in black it is cheap. The place where I work is just around the corner from a powder coating place. We literaly walk over with parts when we need things done and he walks back over with them when they are finished. The Flat deck for my rear seat should be $5.00 if I want it done in black. Gold would be so nice, but it will depend on cost.

Pazzo levers made a huge difference in my rideing, i have small hands i suppose. I also got the gold levers but with red tabs, they look great! I already mentioned this on another thread, but i really wish you could get the Yamaha star logo on the tank in gold. I just think that would be a nice touch with the gold rims.

Gold Logo

Pazzo levers made a huge difference in my rideing, i have small hands i suppose. I also got the gold levers but with red tabs, they look great! I already mentioned this on another thread, but i really wish you could get the Yamaha star logo on the tank in gold. I just think that would be a nice touch with the gold rims.

They are definately available somewhere from Yamaha, just do some digging online. I posted a picture on another thread, I'll see if I can find it.

Also, installed the Pazzos tonight, piece of cake ! and they look and feel great ! I'll add some pics when I can take it out in daylight this weekend hopefully.

Last edited:
Only problem with those bar ends is that they are probably aluminum and therefore very light. They will do nothing to quell vibrations in that case...

vibrations

Only problem with those bar ends is that they are probably aluminum and therefore very light. They will do nothing to quell vibrations in that case...

You are absolutly right about both. What some guys have done in the past is insert round lead bars into the handle bar tubes. I tried it on one of my bikes and it definately helps.

Sweet! Thanks for the link to the gold tank logos. Only wish i could order a little closer to home, noticed they are in Maylasia, surely someone in the good ole USA has some? Keep the gold bits coming!!!

Back