Color choice !

Well i bought my 07 fz1 1 month ago and i am in love with it. I started to check this forum a couple weeks ago and people here do awesome thing to their bike, wich made me want to make a few to mine as well.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

But i suck a bit with color and détails :p so i would like to have some people opinion on what to do :p

Here is what i want to make:

Black windscreen with color windscreen bolt
color fuel cap bolt
Aftermarket or ASV lever (still need to find the money)
Bar ends that fit the lever
Maybe fairing kit bolt
Carbon look pug slider

So ... for the color should i go with red or gold that is my biggest questions !

Help me choose please

A cheap solution? Mask and paper the whole outside of your stock screen, take a scotch-brite fine pad to the inside lightly, then clean it all off with 91% alcohol. Shoot it with light coats of a gloss black to coat the inside until it becomes opaque. :D

A new OEM is under $40 from Partshark if you do not like it. :tup:

I'm running the Puig racing windscreen with some red bolts on the same black 07 as you. It looks really good and is about $100, much cheaper than the CD screen. It's the exact same width but about 1-2 inches taller and has the bubble so it actually looks sportier. It actually gives the appearance of a shorter/skinnier windscreen.

painting is a good solution.

So i guess it is a 1-0 for red look instead of a gold look ?

If i go for red i will get everything else i mention in red like the lever and all .

what about this windscreen ? Motorcycle Windscreen Windshield FOR Yamaha FZ1S 06 07 08 09 10 11 2006 2011 | eBay
would cost as much than making the stock one black

i guess that is what i am gonna do ! than choose what color i want ...

Hey anybody put a tank pad on is tank ? I would like to buy a carbon pro grip but i don't know wich one fit the best teh 6 inch model or the 8 inch model i don't want it to seems to tiny on the tank

thanks again ... that was my last question :p

There is a line of spray-on vinyl coatings in some good colors - available at hardware stores. I don't recall the brand name but someone here will. It sprays on - gives a great color and can be pealed off if you don't want it on anymore. I've photos of some guys' bikes who used it -- and they looked very good!
Another don't recall ... it may come in only flat finish rather than gloss ... Don't recall.
But what a cheap way to change the look of your bike -to see if you like a color combo - without damage and making it permanent!

Oh! My vote would bright red for the small things.

You could try that same spray-on on your windscreen ...

Last edited:
There is a line of spray-on vinyl coatings in some good colors - available at hardware stores. I don't recall the brand name but someone here will. It sprays on - gives a great color and can be pealed off if you don't want it on anymore. I've photos of some guys' bikes who used it -- and they looked very good!
Another don't recall ... it may come in only flat finish rather than gloss ... Don't recall.
But what a cheap way to change the look of your bike -to see if you like a color combo - without damage and making it permanent!

Oh! My vote would bright red for the small things.

You could try that same spray-on on your windscreen ...

that would be quite a nice way to try it out anybody know the stuff name ?

Back