Color Change of Rockster FZ1 (pics)

You all have some interesting color schemes there! So, what will be the new color or is that a surprise?

Love the blue frame!!

It will be a suprise to everyone, including me. I still haven't decided :) It either green of blue. Can't wait to get the parts off the bike and take them to the painter :Rockon:

I like the colored frame on these European models. Are you messing with that?

p.s. Nice tag :) Some of those EU tags are so big, a fender eliminator is about useless!

I like the colored frame on these European models. Are you messing with that?

p.s. Nice tag :) Some of those EU tags are so big, a fender eliminator is about useless!

I'm not messing with the frame. I would take too much time & money. I don't really like the frame, but I think it will look better with the new paint.

That plate is like a giant mud flap!!!

The plate is freaking enormous, I have to agree. The plate in Estonia is 1/3 of finnish one. Riding bike is made almost impossible in here. The insurance is ridiculous, and so on :flip:

Last edited by a moderator:
In Florida USA, we don't even have to carry insurance- not even liability - if we wear a helmet.

p.s. Rockster, I play Sabian as well, except for Zildjian hats.

That is so annoying. I have to pay 1000$ a year for insurance. F...

I have found the best cymbals so far. Mainly Sabian HHX and Evolution.

And some update about the bike also. I'm picking up the parts from the painter friday morning :thewave:

I'll post some pics when they are assembled.

I'm getting ready for tear-down as well, and am also still undecided about the color.

My Frame and motor are all black, so I can go just about any way I want - Current candidates are Orange, Yellow or White. (I've got the copper-green wheels, so those will probably get painted too.) I did my FZ6 orange and black, and it really popped nicely :)

(and put me down for Zildjian's all the way around thanks)

Just got the parts. The colour is freaking aewsome. I fitted some parts this morning, but there is still a lot to do. It's pretty hard figure out which bolt goes where :D

Here's a little sneak preview:

Nice! That looks like the Team Yamaha blue color. I like it! :tup: Well done! I take it, based on the pic, that you'd had the hugger and chin cowl done as well? ;) And the inners too! Sweet!!!

Amazing what something as simple as painting the fairing inserts can do to give it a unique look. Get some good pictures in thge sun when she's all back together.:popcorn:

Here are some pics with all the fairings installed. Still missing the Yamaha-badges. I just love it. And it's funny that the blue frame doesn't look that blue anymore.

That looks fantastic! :yes:

How did they get the inners, which aren't smooth to start with, smoothed out and shiny like that?

And you're right... I glazed over the "blue" frame and forgot you even had it. :D

That turned out great! Love that shade of blue. I don't know why Yamaha didn't offer it on the Gen II bikes when they did on the Gen I.

That looks fantastic! :yes:

How did they get the inners, which aren't smooth to start with, smoothed out and shiny like that?

And you're right... I glazed over the "blue" frame and forgot you even had it. :D

Thanks. I don't know how the painter got the inners smooth, but they sure do look good. He was really good and cheap too. Very rare to find that kind :)

That turned out great! Love that shade of blue. I don't know why Yamaha didn't offer it on the Gen II bikes when they did on the Gen I.

This is actually from Nissan's colour guide. But quite similar to the colour on the -07 model in Europe:

http://motoaus.com/images/stories/storyimages/yamaha/2007_FZ1N.jpg

This is actually from Nissan's colour guide. But quite similar to the colour on the -07 model in Europe:

I painted my first bike (Kawa EX500) and fairings that same blue Nissan color back in the mid '90s. (I painted cars for about 3 years.) It looked amazing and nothing else like it on the 2 wheels at the time. Beautiful color.

Eric, a few coats of sealer and minimal sand smooths that texture right out. Not to much texture to start with really.

Last edited:
Looks really really really good bro!!!

Thanks. I have to say I'm in love <3 The only downside is that there will soon be snow in here...

I painted my first bike and fairings that same blue Nissan color back in the mid '90s. (I painted cars for about 3 years.) It looked amazing and nothing else like it on the 2 wheels at the time. Beautiful color.

The colour is quite unigue at the time. There are a lot of blue bikes, but this colour is a bit different in a good way.

Back