Clutch Question?

Rodizle

I had my 600 mile service done to and now my clutch doesn't feel right. It is letting out at the end and it use to be in the middle.

So my question is where should it be grabbing when you are letting it out? It also feel really stiff and harder to pull in.

I had my 600 mile service done to and now my clutch doesn't feel right. It is letting out at the end and it use to be in the middle.

So my question is where should it be grabbing when you are letting it out? It also feel really stiff and harder to pull in.

Well the easiest thing to check for is the clutch play and adjusted if it's out of spec. I don't know what a tech would have done to the clutch during the 600 mile service other than adjust said free play at the lever.

Well the easiest thing to check for is the clutch play and adjusted if it's out of spec. I don't know what a tech would have done to the clutch during the 600 mile service other than adjust said free play at the lever.

Thanks. There is no play it is just letting out further that it use to and the more I twist the adjuster the harder it gets to pull in.

I'm wondering if the oil has anything to do with it? They changed it so that my be the problem.

Last edited:
Thanks. There is no play it is just letting out further that it use to and the more I twist the adjuster the harder it gets to pull in.

I'm wondering if the oil has anything to do with it? They changed it so that my be the problem.

I can't see how oil is going to change the effort or engagement point of the clutch (unless it was slipping, which I doubt). Given the fact that you say that there there is no play leads me to believe that the clutch free play is not adjusted properly. Look in your owners manual for the procedure on how to properly adjust it. Should be a relatively easy 5 minute job.

Last edited:
Sounds like the clutch cable adjustment to me.

I took my bike in for the first 600 mile service and the dealer fitted a set of Pazzo levers at the same time. They didn't adjust the cable properly and it caused all sorts of problems with the clutch not clearing properly. When I checked, the measurements on the cable were all within spec but once adjusted so the bike rode properly, it was out of spec a bit. This is worth bearing in mind when you come to adjust the cable.

Back