Clutch problem

DirtyD

FIXED IT!!!!!

The small bolt that clams the shift linkage to the threaded rod for the gears came out and lost...I will find one to fit...

So I installed fdb brake and clutch levers and the brake side is great the clutch side is kinda tight..not real tight....but tight and it will not loosen and when I kicked into first gear and let off of it..the bike does not shift...what could this be...I left all the lines in stock position so I know its not kinked....

Thanks
Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:
ad8ad6ae-f29a-8797.jpg
Further investigation...I found my shift linkage like this. Obviously it gets pushed all the back on the threaded rod and probably a bolt to keep it tight. Can someone post a pic of theirs

Last edited:
Thanks missy ...and actually I have not fixed it...I found the right size bolt but it will not shift out of nuetral

So if your looking at it and pushing the shifter with your had the movement is correct right? The teeth are lined up in the pinch area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, and you've adjusted the clutch cable to spec ? I had to adjust mine when I went to FDB's.

after I got a bolt the right size for the linkage clamp to tighten on the rod which all was good, it still didn't work so I then started messing with the cable adjuster and got it to shift like butter!!!

Thank you!!!

Back