Clutch Issue - Urgent Please

First off, sorry for the cross-posting, but I am quite desperate to try and get an answer to this. I have hit a weird problem with my clutch, which happened at the end of an oil change. Basically, the actuating arm on top of the engine casing just isn't doing anything, and gives no resistance to pushing by hand.
The original posting is in the Garage forum, here: http://www.998cc.org/forum/garage-mechanical-help/13117-help-please-broken-clutch.html

And I'd be really, really grateful for any help, as the bike is, of course, un-rideable at the minute.

Cheers.

Did you take the arm off? If so, the shaft can turn and give you the feeling it is not connected. Try turning the shaft counterclockwise until resistance is felt, put the arm on, and see if that helps. You may have to try a couple of times to get the right angle on the arm & shaft.

Good luck,

MrHix

No, I hadn't taken the arm off. I was going to, but the holes on the retaining circlip were too small for my circlip pliers. All I had done was move it back and forwards.

I've checked again, and the arm probably has about 110 degrees of rotation on it, no resistance at any point, and the spring is just floating around with no load on it at all.

I don't think I have any option but to drop the (brand new!) oil again and take the engine casing off to see what's happening inside.

Back