Clutch help

I have an 08 fz1 and find the clutch engagement is far out from bar. I have adjusted the free play to spec. I also get a surging clutch feeling in the bike when clutch in the friction zone. The bike does it hot or cold. Idle is set to about 1300rpms. The surging is like the clutch grabs then releases and continually does it in the friction zone. No issues with slipping under full throttle when riding. Any suggestions would be great

I have an 08 fz1 and find the clutch engagement is far out from bar. I have adjusted the free play to spec. I also get a surging clutch feeling in the bike when clutch in the friction zone. The bike does it hot or cold. Idle is set to about 1300rpms. The surging is like the clutch grabs then releases and continually does it in the friction zone. No issues with slipping under full throttle when riding. Any suggestions would be great

Is your clutch worn out? Since it is not necessarily engaging properly. Could be it.

I'm curious about this too, have had my 08 for a year and a half now and always felt like the clutch never fully disengages even though the cable/lever adjustment seems fine. Honestly I haven't investigated much, but it does seem to always be "dragging" somewhat. I often like to start it in gear to avoid the dreaded "CLUNK" when dropping it into first, but I can feel the bike nudge forward just a bit when doing this. Still learning!

I'm curious about this too, have had my 08 for a year and a half now and always felt like the clutch never fully disengages even though the cable/lever adjustment seems fine. Honestly I haven't investigated much, but it does seem to always be "dragging" somewhat. I often like to start it in gear to avoid the dreaded "CLUNK" when dropping it into first, but I can feel the bike nudge forward just a bit when doing this. Still learning!

The clunk is normal. Doesn't give you the warm and fuzzy, but I can assure you it is normal for the FZ1.

How many miles on your ‘08?

The clunk is normal. Doesn't give you the warm and fuzzy, but I can assure you it is normal for the FZ1.

How many miles on your ‘08?

I bought it with 42K and change, now flirting with 50K. I commute on it 3 days a week when it's not 8000 degrees here in AZ (which is a solid 3 months of the year), plus other miscellaneous joy rides of course!

Re: clunk... I hope that Japanese gear steel is strong stuff! :oops: Sometimes a couple blips on the throttle helps but not always, haven't quite figured out the exact recipe yet.

Back