Cluster Gauge Upgrade??

Team Yamaha Fz1

What's up everybody?

I'm looking to upgrade my stock gauges on my 02 Fz1 with something more Modern and Fancy. Any idea of which ones will fit on my Bike would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

From what i've been reading, you would need to Re wire everything. They don't make a aftermarket that is truely plug n play. I just went through all this cause my cluster went bad. I got so sick of the issues with these after market Amazon clusters i bought a OEM for 250$ just cause it would do what it was supposed too.

I would like too also add the plug was almost destroyed when trying to remove it from OG cluster. Took alot to break it free and it snapped in several places.

There used to be a way to use the 99 R1 gauge cluster so you have a digital speed with analog tach. It was mostly plug and play, just needed to get an R1 fuel sensor and flip one wire. Its far from "modern" but its an option

https://www.998cc.org/threads/gauges-off-later-bike-eg-r1.15949/#post-127504

This thread links where the mod WAS. The links are broken and I cannot find any other resources on it. You might be able to locate a cached copy of the web page, if I remember correctly it had a pretty decent step by step for the mod.

Back