Chugging

05Yam

When I take off it chuggs a little (The engine is warm) and it just started,so i have to let off the clutch a little slower. Some one suggested that sence i just bought my 05 with 7,845 miles on it, that something might of gotten to the float or something. When I went to show him, it leaked a little fuel on the left of the bike. Out of a tube or something. Crap i forgot to cover it:spank2:
Any ideas?

When I went to show him, it leaked a little fuel on the left of the bike. Out of a tube or something. Crap i forgot to cover it:spank2:
Any ideas?

It may have a stuck float. Run some Sea Foam gas additive for a few miles. Many times it will clean out the fuel system and improve performance.

Well there seems to be a fuel leak between the center carbs on a bolt that holds them all together http://www.powersedge.com/pages/Oem...Z1T_(2005_MOTORCYCLE)/CARBURETOR_(FZ1T_-_2005) Part #52 like one of the O-rings might be leaking, On a side note i found out that there are drain screws on the bottems of my carbs so I will drain them to see if any crap comes out. I called a few places said to clean them its 350-450 + parts:spank2: and a different place said 300 + Parts:spank2: on the bike 150+ parts off the bike, Is this something i can take care of myself or just let them deal with it?:banghead:

On the site go to 05 motorcycle / FZ1 / carbs

Last edited:
well i decided to just :surrender: and take it in, I dont have enought time to do it plus work. So while i was putting it together i decided to start it up while i could get a good look at it, The fuel seemed to be coming from the aircleaner box where the carbs go into it, there was also some old yellow fuel in the air box. So i need to take a closer look at it again befor i take it to the dealer. Any suggestions where/what i shouiild look for?
As always Thanks for any advice.

Back